‹ Prequel: A Mistaken Identity

Amazing Almost Twins

Plot to Kill

Once Edgar revealed the truth to his mother and Allison, I knew that Scarlet and I were in major trouble. Seraphina was the only one that could come rescue us thanks to the telepathic link we had with one another, and, until now, she was working in complete secrecy. Of course, now that Allison and Zora had been told the truth—thanks to their kids—it wasn’t going to happen that way. Because of what Edgar did, I knew that something terrible was about to happen; this was not going to end well, and I was perfectly aware of that.

Allison’s eyes widened when she heard what Edgar had to say. “What?” she yelled. “How could we have kidnapped the wrong girl? I was sure that it was Amanda’s daughter.”

“Maybe it’s because you used your damn psychic ability in all the wrong way!” I yelled. “All you ever used it for was trying to ruin my mothers’ and aunts’ lives. You only cared about making your own life better, even if it was at the cost of destroying my father’s and Uncle Kevin’s happiness in order to do so. They were always meant to marry my mother and Aunt A. It was never meant to be the two of you. For that, I’m glad that I told Tyler to invite Seraphina over to his party He called me just before telling Seraphina about the party and told me of his intentions to hold the party. I suggested that he invite Seraphina, and I’m glad I did. Ultimately, my suggestion is the reason that Scarlet’s here rather than Seraphina as you obviously intended; she was grounded because of what I did in order to let my cousin have some fun in her life. She was always a worrywart and needed to have fun. So, you’ll have to blame me for the fact that Seraphina isn’t here like you wanted.”

“You’re kidding!” Scarlet exclaimed.

“Nope,” I told my cousin. “I’m the reason that Seraphina got grounded. But, I never expected that Aunt A was going to leave New York for a few days, forcing Phina to baby-sit Tommy on the exact day that I needed her. That’s why you’re here, because of what happened over the weekend. Sorry about that, Scarlet; I never meant for this to happen to you.”

Scarlet nodded. “So long as Phina is safe.”

“Good,” I said.

“Not good!” Allison yelled. “You ruined our plans to destroy Betsy’s and Amanda’s lives by killing their daughters.” She turned to Zora. “It looks like we’ll just have to settle for plan B: ruining Kimberleigh’s life, yet again; this time by killing her daughter rather than her sister. Afterwards, we’ll kill Summer and Seraphina when she tries to rescue her cousins.”

“Agreed,” Zora said.

“No!” I yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.