‹ Prequel: A Mistaken Identity

Amazing Almost Twins

Meeting Karleigh

The last thing that I remembered before dying was hearing Seraphina’s voice react to me being shot and killed. Then, darkness. When I woke up, I found myself standing out in a field. A second girl soon appeared at my side. “Summer! Oh, damn! It finally happened,” she realized.

“What happened? Who are you?” I asked.

She sighed. “Well, since I know that Amanda already told Seraphina what happened and I know of the ability that you and Seraphina possess the same ability that Kimberleigh and I would have had if we weren’t separated, I won’t bother explaining all of this,” the woman explained. You should know. Just think about it, Summer, and it will come to you.”

“Karleigh?” I asked.

“Correct,” Karleigh said.

Standing before Scarlet’s aunt confused me. There was something that didn’t really seem to make any sense. “Karleigh, how old were you when you died?” I asked her.

Karleigh bit her lip. “Seventeen.”

“Seventeen?” I asked.

“I’m afraid so, Summer. I died on October 30th, 2011,” Karleigh explained somberly. “That was eighteen years ago, today. Allison and Zora killed me, knowing that, since I was responsible for getting Kevanda and Jetsy back together, the couples would come to me to be the maid of honor. So, they killed me in attempt to stop the wedding. My twin stopped that from happening and ultimately caused them to want revenge. It was because of me and my sister that you and Scarlet were kidnapped at all. I’ve protected you both as much as I could, but I can only do so much to help you guys when I’m an angel.”

“I’m an angel too, aren’t I?” I asked.

Karleigh nodded. “You are.”

“How?” I asked.

“Very simply,” Karleigh explained, “It’s because of the fact that you died at such a young age. Summer, you and I are guardian angels to the person who cared the most about us. If you’ve paid attention to everything that has been going on in your life, I’m sure you’ll know who you must protect. Just think, Summer. Think about who it could be.”

Though it seemed as if Karleigh expected me to take a few minutes to figure out who I was supposed to watch over, I knew immediately. I knew exactly who I had to protect. “Seraphina.”

Karleigh nodded. “Exactly. You were always meant to protect Seraphina; nothing in the world was ever going to change that. Think of the dreams Summer. Think of the dreams you had.”

“How do you know of the dreams I’ve been having?” I asked. There was no need for me to wait for Karleigh to answer though; a part of me already knew exactly why Karleigh was aware of the dreams that I was having. “It was you! You’re the one who sent me those dreams in the first place. Why would you do that, Karleigh? I was freaked out by those dreams and was absolutely paranoid over the possibility that I was going to die.”

“I know,” Karleigh explained. “It’s just that I had to find a way to explain all of this to you when I’m only able to speak with Kimberleigh. And, just as my twin is the only person who can see or speak to me, so is Seraphina the only one who can see or speak to you. No one, not even Betsy and Joe, as much as you may want to speak with your parents.”

I nodded. “I know. The dream, remember?”

“Good. Now, since you must protect her, I think that you better go; Seraphina’s in trouble and desperately needs your help,” Karleigh said. “So, go. Go help your almost twin.”

I nodded. “Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
One chapter left. I'm putting that up in two seconds.

Comment