‹ Prequel: A Mistaken Identity

Amazing Almost Twins

Zachary

Being grounded was absolutely no fun. I hated it. I had absolutely no free time whatsoever. As I a part of my punishment, I was forced to play chaperone to my baby brother or do extra chores around the house. Ultimately, Sunday was the worst day in the world for me. I really didn’t want to spend any time with my eleven year-old younger brother. But, I really didn’t have any choice in the matter. Getting grounded ultimately removed that choice. This was a part of my punishment. Of course, I complained the entire time about the fact that I was being forced to do this, play chaperone to Zachary for the day.

When the day finally ended, I collapsed onto my bed, disgusted over the fact that I wasn’t allowed to do anything I wanted. All I wanted to do was be able to go out and have some fun. But, I couldn’t do that. It was annoying and I hated it. I wanted to go out and do what any normal teenage girl should be able to go out and do: have fun. Doing so was a huge impossibility though. My cousins and I were never going to get the chance to go out and have some fun as I wanted us to. Even if I went to ask my parents about that now, what was going to change that hadn’t before? Nothing. And, I knew that. “How in the world am I supposed to convince my parents to let us go out and have fun?” I wondered.

“What are you talking about?” Zack asked, coming in.

I groaned seeing my brother there. After having spent the entire day with him, I just wanted to be alone right now. “It’s nothing you need to know about, Zachary,” I said. “You and the boys would never understand what Seraphina, Scarlet, and I have gone through. You, Tommy, Trent, and River are too young to understand what’s been going on are you.”

“I know more than you think,” he said.

“Like what?” I asked.

“I’ve heard Mom and Dad talking late at night. They never know that I’m there, so neither of them knows that I was listening. Summer, I could help you figure this out,” Zack said.

“Depends on what you know,” I said.

“Well…”

Unfortunately, I never got the chance to hear what my younger brother had to say about what he knew. Before he could tell me what he knew, Zachary was called away. “Zachary!” Dad called. “I need you to come here for a second. I need to ask you something.”

“Okay,” Zack said. “Sorry, Summer.”

“Damn it!” I said quietly as my younger brother left the room. “I almost could have gotten a lead on all of this. Dad, why did you have to call Zack down? He might have been able to help me figure out why I’m not allowed to have fun. What the hell is going on here?” I wondered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.