‹ Prequel: A Mistaken Identity

Amazing Almost Twins

Talk with Friends

Getting out of the house was the only thing that I wanted to do. So, when I finally did, I really didn’t care where it was. After being cooped up in the house all day yesterday, I didn’t care where. Even school—which I hated—was a welcome change as opposed to saying in the house all day. School was never fun for me. The only aspect of school that I ever enjoyed was the social aspect of it. Learning was no fun. Socializing was better. If socialization was a class, it would probably be the only class that I was ever going to get an A in.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I walked into the school building and went to find my friends. Aside from Seraphina, Scarlet, Tyler, and Tina, there was Luke Knight, Amy, Ashley, Naomi, and Nathan Sprouse, and Marshall Musso. Upon meeting up with Luke, Tina, and Scarlet, the four of us headed out to the courtyard to talk for awhile. “Summer, what happened with Seraphina after she left the party?” Tina asked. “Tyler never told me what went on after she left.”

“She got grounded,” I said.

“For going to the party?” Tina asked.

“Afraid so,” I replied.

“Oh. Well, that’s not good,” Tina said.

“Yeah, well, there’s even more to the story than just that,” I explained to one of my closest friends. “When Aunt A and Uncle Kevin found out that it was Tyler’s party that Phina snuck out to on Saturday, he got banned from going over there. Seraphina was never supposed to go over there for Tyler’s party, but at Scarlet’s and my insistence, she went. Phina got in major trouble for what she did. And, even worse than that, Scarlet and I both got grounded for what happened. We’re not allowed to do anything fun until we’re off grounding.”I scoffed. “Not like we were able to do anything fun before we got grounded; our parents never wanted us to have any fun. So, what was the point of grounding us when we don’t even get the chance to do anything fun anyway.” I was pissed that this was going on. It made absolutely no sense that any of this was even going on at all.

“Maybe there’s a reason for that,” Luke said.

“Like what?” Scarlet and I asked.

Luke and Tina shrugged. “You’ll have to ask someone about that. There might be someone who knows why you guys were prohibited from having fun. Someone must know.”

“I think that each of your parents does,” I explained. “All of our parents were friends. Maybe that friendship could help me figure out why Seraphina, Scarlet, and I aren’t ever allowed to have any fun whereas you guys are able to. It just makes absolutely no sense.”

“They must have a reason,” Luke repeated.

“Yeah, but what?” I asked.

“Asking, I think, is the only thing that you can do,” Tina said. “You need to ask anyone you think can help: your parents, aunts, uncle, my parents, Luke’s parents. There must be someone who knows something about why you guys weren’t ever allowed to have fun.”

“Yeah, so I need to know when your parents come home,” I said.

“Tomorrow,” Tina said.

“Tomorrow?” I asked.

“Yeah, my parents should be back from their vacation tomorrow afternoon. Come by then and they should be able to help you figure out what’s been going on. And, I think they might. My dad was pretty close with Amanda and my mom had a pretty close relationship with Nick. They must know what’s been going on with your family then,” she said.

I nodded. “Thanks, Tina.”

“You’re welcome.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe.