‹ Prequel: A Mistaken Identity

Amazing Almost Twins

Quest for Answers

My jaw dropped when I heard what my cousin had to tell me. “Phina! I thought that you said yesterday that you were going to come over to the Henrie house with me. It was proven through all the conversations that we’ve had with them, Tina, and Tyler that they have information we need. Mr. and Mrs. Henrie are aware of why we aren’t allowed to have any fun as well as why we were never told who Karleigh was. I need you to come with me. We’re so close to figuring all of this out. You can’t bail out on me now, when we’re so close.”

“I know, Summer,” Seraphina said. “But, Mom decided that she was going to fly off to New York about some new book of hers. And, with Dad going out with Uncle Joe and Nick, that leaves me as the only person who can watch over Tommy. I think you’ll have to take Scarlet with you; she knows just as much as I do about Karleigh, meaning that she can tell me.”

“Do I really have a choice?” I asked.

“I wish you did,” Seraphina replied sadly.

“Alright, Phina. I’ll go over there with Scarlet. But, the next time that something like this is ever brought up, you need to come with me. I mean, I know we could always use our twin telepathy, but I think that it would definitely be better for you if you heard it firsthand.”

“I know, Summer. And, I really do wish that I could go over there to speak with them, but I just don’t think that it’s feasible right now,” Seraphina said sadly. “I have no choice in the matter right now; I have to watch over my younger brother after school ends.”

“Alright, fine.”


That was the conversation I had with my cousin this morning. And, it caused something to happen as a result. It ultimately meant that going over to the Henrie household with Scarlet in tow rather than Seraphina was going to be extremely weird; Seraphina was always closer with Tina and Tyler Henrie than anyone. So, this trip was going to be weird. But, I would just have to make do with what I had to work with what I had; Scarlet needed to help me with this, whether I liked it or not. “Okay, Scarlet, are you ready to do this?” I asked.

“Of course,” Scarlet responded.

“Great! Let’s go,” I said.

As we headed over to the Henrie house to figure all of this out, I knew that there was definitely something wrong here. Going over to speak with Mr. and Mrs. Henrie without Seraphina with us was definitely a mistake for us to be doing. Without a doubt, Seraphina needed to be here with us when we spoke with the Henrie family about what they knew about our family’s current situation. I was about to bring this up to Scarlet—of what we needed to do—when I heard Seraphina’s voice in my head. Our twin telepathy had suddenly kicked in. Hey, Summer, are you over there getting ready to go talk with Mr. and Mrs. Henrie?

Yeah, we’re…


Before I was able to tell my cousin exactly what was going on with our investigation, a cloth filled with chloroform was placed over my mouth, causing me to slip into unconsciousness. My last sight before falling under was a red-headed woman and her blonde companion.
♠ ♠ ♠
A blonde and a red-head. Who could they possibly be?

Comment and subscribe.