The Knight in Shining Armor

Just Sleep

Umecenter: Thanks for being the first and only comment! It means a lot to me that at least one person cares. =]

---------------------------------------------------------------

That plane ride I dreamt that my Dad had come and found me, he grabbed my arms and led me into a car that I didn't recognize. Gerard Way was sitting in the drivers seat. He turned and winked at me, and then whispered something to my Dad. He replied by laughing, and Gerard began driving down unlit streets. We stopped, and my Dad got out, and just walked away, leaving me and Gerard alone in the scary street. Gee unbuckled and climbed in the back with me. Half of me wanted to scream and run away, but the other half wanted to stay in the car with him.

Then he did something unexpected, and hit me.

“You're Dad told me that you needed to be taught a lesson about running away!” he explained, harshly, striking me again and again. I opened my mouth to scream, and nothing happened. All I heard was the sound of Gerard's maniacal laughter and his knuckles connecting with my face.

I woke with a start as someone gently nudged me. It was the passenger next to me, “Wake up sweetie, we're here.” she said, holding her carry on closely to her. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. My hair was hanging in front of my eyes, and I was grateful for that, she couldn't see that I had been crying.

“So what's your name baby?” her voice was smooth and comforting, like my Mother's had been. More tears filled my eyes.

“Rylee,” I choked out, blinking back more tears. The woman smiled sympathetically, “Are you alone?”

All I could do was nod, and she smiled as she said, “You out here to see a loved one?” I swore, I actually smiled at that,

“Something along those lines,” I responded. She looked back out the window, “My son is stationed out here, he's in the army, I'm paying a surprise visit.”

“I'm sure he's going to be surprised,” was my response. The stranger pulled out a picture of him and showed me, the boy looked around 20, he had a crew cut, and a stern looking face.

“His name's Daniel,” she then told me before she stopped talking and looked out the window to watch us land. I glanced at my watch, it was 8 PM in Connecticut right now. My Dad has most likely noticed that I'm not home, and is going ballistic. He might even call the police, he wants his punching bag back.

“The official time in Berlin is 1 AM,” the stewardess grumbled over the microphone, “Please turn off all electrical devices, put up your table, and buckle your seatbelt, we'll begin our descent shortly.”

I buckled my seatbelt, and made a mental note to ask the woman next to me about where a good place to stay is when we landed. Not that it mattered much, I had no money. Maybe I should ask now? I turned to the woman, but her eyes were shut and she was humming. Probably a nervous flier.

A stewardess walked by and stopped in front of me, “Please but your bag under your seat.” I obeyed, and before I knew it I felt the wheels of the plane touch down in Germany. We were given the ok to unbuckle and get ready to exit.

As soon as I stepped off that plane and into the terminal, I felt my spirits rise. The fresh start I had dreamed of was here. Coming close to the exit I realized I forgot to ask the woman about hotels. I panicked, I needed somewhere to stay for one night at least! Frantically, I started asking strangers, and sadly, most of them only spoke a few words of English. It was a lost cause, I had no money, and I wasn't ready to ask a stranger if I could sleep in their house.

Dropping my backpack on the uncomfortable, orange, plastic chairs, I lied down. Tonight I was going to sleep in the airport, tomorrow, when it was daytime, I'd find a nice park or something. All I needed was sleep. Just sleep.

-----------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Next chapter, TOKIO HOTEL is coming!!!!!