World I Never Knew

Angela Matthews grew up being told she was beautiful by everyone. She was given anything and everything she ever wanted, completely spoiled. Guys wanted to be with her and girls wanted to be her. When her parents died in a car crash when she was fifteen she wanted to prove she could live alone and take care of herself. One day, while cleaning she knocked a lit candle over ensuing a large fire in the house. While trying to escape Angela caught fire and received terrible third degree burns on the left side of her body.

Thankfully, Angela survived. She had a tough few months in the beginning, trying to cope with her new body. It was hard to move at first, even speak. The first time she looked in a mirror she cried and smashed it on the floor. She thought she was hideous.

Upon her return home, she found things still in disarray and damaged from the fire. She didn’t seem to care. Her house was far enough away from anyone else to be seen. She stopped answering the door when visitors came because they all acted awkward around her. No boys were vying for her attention anymore. Girls seemed happier without boys looking for Angela’s attention.

It was then that Angela believed she would never be loved. She became cold. Bitter. She locked her doors and didn’t let anyone come in. She was a recluse and a shut-in. People were soon frightened of her.

Now at twenty years old, Angela has yet to find love. She truly believes she will be a lonely old hag. One day, when an unsuspecting young man knocks on her door looking for shelter, things start to change. In the modern retelling of the Disney classic, Beauty and the Beast, she learns of inner beauty and is shown a world she never knew before.
  1. An Unexpected Guest
    Angela is surprised by a visitor at her door.
  2. Truth and Lies
    Joe settles in for his one night stay at Angela's
  3. A Revelation
    Joe figures something out.
  4. I Wanna Know
    Angela tells Joe the truth
  5. Love Is On Its Way
    Joe is surprised to find something in Angela's house.
  6. Sixth Sense
    Joe's family has a bout of worry for him
  7. This Is Fun
    Joe is very amused by something Angela does
  8. A Blizzard
    Joe leaves the house, just like Angela asked him to.
  9. Not Half Bad
    Thanksgiving day continues
  10. Speechless and Breathless
    Joe and Angela finishing Thanksgiving with a bang
  11. Spur of the Moment
    Nick has a thought
  12. Apologies
    Joe and Angela talk about important issues
  13. Everything
    Joe and Angela finally have that heart-to-heart
  14. Another Surprise
    Joe and Angela open the door to reveal a major surprise
  15. Basic Understanding
    Joe tells Nick about his relationship with Angela
  16. Acceptance
    Joe and Nick bring Angela home
  17. Promises
    Angela has a small talk with Kevin.
  18. La La Land
    The Jonas' and Angela head out to LA
  19. I'll Stand By You
    Denise and Danielle take Angela shopping for some Californian attire.
  20. Confessions
    The boys have their radio interview.
  21. Learned to Love a Beast
    Final Chapter