September Leaves

Three

I hadn't felt this small in a while. A sigh escaped my lips as I clutched my lunch and trudged outside; the sun was shining bravely and I sat on a dry bench, savoring the loneliness.

The bell sounded and I considered mutany as I grumbled my way down the glittering hallways. The pull of bodies was making me dizzy and I cursed internally when the second bell sounded, and I was late to Spanish.

"Hola, senorita!" The teacher was tall and neon white, and I simply nodded in his direction as I snagged the backmost seat. I was saved: He didn't call on me. Today.

I spent the class with the map under my nose, mumbling furiously to myself to remember while he blathered on in his foreign tongue; the sad part was, I understood almost everything he said.

The bell screamed again, and I cursed as I realized I forgot my bus number. People swirled around me and poured through doors, but I remained seated.

31. The number flashed in my head, and I bolted, grabbing my bag smartly as I made my way outside, the yellow monsters leaving their exhaust as a welcome party, gasping. My bag hit the ground as I screamed in frustration.

Leave it to me to be the only teenager without a cell phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know.
It took me FOREVER to come up with this, I'm sorry.
I should update again this week if Tali doesn't mind.