Status: Updating!

Morbid Symphony

This Won't Be The Last Time.

I can't help but curse, inside my head, as I make my way through the dark hallways.

Where am I supposed the find the kitchen this way? I ask myself over and over again. I turn to look at the walls around me. I could barely even see it. My eyes squint as I see a light figure moving in the distance. I decide to follow it. It won't hurt to try, right?

I try my best to be sleuthing, but it's no use. My feet are the noisiest pair in the universe. I could swear that whoever I was following, already knows that I'm being all nosy tonight. The next step I take, was light. In fact, I could barely hear it.

We pass by four more corridors, before that person fully stops.

"I know you're out there following me," the angelic voice says once more. It's him! My mind screams out in joy. I can't believe I'm going crazy for the "voice". Well, who wouldn't? It was soft, calm, and fierce at the same time, and--

"Seriously? What are you trying to do, kill me, or something?" The voice seems closer now, and as I look up, I realize that I am right. Surprise fills my body, as I jump. My eyes blinking wildly at the person standing in front of me.

I shake my head, as me eyes widen. His eyes were staring deeply at me, and all I could do was blink back at him. I feel my pockets for a piece of paper, and pen. But soon to find out that I wasn't wearing my everyday jeans.

Footsteps come from behind us. We both jump, and he grabs me by the arm, and pulls me towards the dark part of the hallway.

We were both cramped up in the corner, and my heart was beating fast. He placed his index finger on his lips, and mouths, "Shush." I nod at him, as I shake my hand loose of his grip.

"What do you mean, 'We won't do it'? We have to do it!" A demanding voice booms.

"We can't! It's just--" the man looks around him, and pulls her away. "It's a matter of life and death! She could be killed in the process!"

The woman puts her hands on her hips, and says, "I don't care if we have to kill her, or if we have to drag her body down to the sewage system! I just want to finish this problem!"

I look at the man beside me, and realize that his eyes were wide, and his jaw dropped down to the floor.

"We'll find a way, but not just the way you want it," The man says, as he wipes his hand across his forehead, and leaves. The woman follows immediately behind him. Their faces weren't seen in this part of the hallway, nor could I recognize their voices. So it meant that I didn't know them at all.

The man beside me takes a deep breath, and moves a couple of steps away from me.

"Look, you have to get back to your room. And I have to attend to some business," He sighs, and starts to play with the hems of his shirt.

I shake my head. I didn't know how I was to explain this to him, but I know that somehow, someway, I will be able to explain. He raises an eyebrow at me, and shakes his head. "I don't get what you're trying to say. Are you trying to tell me that you don't want to speak? Or--"

I motion for a pen and a paper. I drag him by the hand, and he just sighs, sensing my desperation. I did not enjoy having to loose my voice. I search through the numerous rooms in the hallway. How many rooms does this castle even have?

And, finally we were back in the library where we met a while ago. I pick up a piece of paper, and took the pen.

"Look, I don't have time for silly games like these," He tells me, as he stomps lazily into the room.

I point towards the chair as a sign for him to sit. He sighs, and does as he is told. I scribble wildly in the piece of paper, not caring if my penmanship was neat or not.

I can't talk.

I hand him the piece of paper. He nods, as he stares down at it. "Ah, I understand now."

I smile up at him, as he hands me back the paper. I could tell that I was turning red at that moment. As red as a tomato.

"Well, it was nice meeting you. But I would have to go." He takes the pen, and scribbles something down.

This won't be the last time we'll meet. I promise. - PCF

I smile as I look down at the piece of paper in my hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any comments? :D