Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Lets Get It Started

Jacey looked up from her spot behind the bar as she heard more people walk into the already thickening crowd of the club. She waved to her friends and as she passed a beer across the bar and took the money, pocketed the tip and placed the rest of it into the till, and turned grabbing five beers to hand the newest waitress at the club as she rattled off her order. She was one of the best and one of the best liked bartenders in town. She smiled as a regular paid his tab and passed her a large tip as he got up and left. She looked around and wondered where in the hell her replacement was. It was payday Friday and she had asked to work the early shift seeing as it was two of her best friends birthdays. At a quarter to seven Jacey was pissed. Audrey was supposed to have been there at five thirty. When she watched Audrey walk in at about eight fifteen with a smirk on her face she glared at the woman inconspicuously. She was taking her time as she made her way to the bar, working the scene and pissing Jacey off with each passing second. Now If there was one thing that everybody in town knew it was that you didn’t piss off Jacey Matthews. Jacey motioned to her friends that she would be ready in a few minutes and as soon as she saw Audrey clock in she clocked out a minute later after filling her last order, and went back to the office to retrieve her paycheck stub. She had direct deposit. She grinned as her partners in crime walked in behind her. Jessica may not have been an employee there, but she had dated the bosses son off and on for the past five years, and she was currently in the on stage with him. Leanne on the other hand was one of the singers that club featured almost every night. She was off tonight, seeing as it was her birthday as well as her twin sister and best friend Jessica’s.

Jessica and Leanne had been practically inseparable since they were born. When in the third grade they had moved to California, Jacey had been the one to take them under her wings. She was a year older than them but that really didn’t matter, they were the best of friends and had been since the first time the twins had set foot in Jacey’s elementary school. There had been times when the girls all laughed at the people that had once decided that the three of them were not cool enough to walk the halls of the high school, or go to any school functions (like they would anyways). And there had been times when the girls had cried over boys and other stupid girl shit, or decided that they were never talking to one another again, but here they were and that was all that matter. Tonight was all about the girls and just getting plastered. Nothing was going to stop them and from the looks of Jessica and Leanne, as they were waiting for her to get off work they had already had a few drinks to get the night started. But then again they were the kind of girls that all you had to do was walk in the room and people wanted to buy them a drink, that’s was how it was with all three of them. As Jacey joined them and they walked out the door grins were plastered on their faces and Jacey shook her head. She pulled her keys out of her purse and hit the unlock button on her keychain. As they all got in Jacey looked down at her clothes and sighed. She would have to stop at her house and change, which would make them even later in their plans. When a bag was dropped on the seat next to her she finally noticed that the other two hadn’t gotten in the car. She grabbed the bag and smirked. She ran inside to change and when she came back out about ten or fifteen minutes she had heads turning and her friends were leaning on the hood of Jessica’s car.

She rolled her eyes and grinned as they all walked back over to the grey and black 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 that was sitting in its parking spot in the employee lot. She popped the trunk and tossed the bag with her work clothes in it in and shut the trunk as her friends slid in. She got behind the wheel and looked sideways at her friends, before she started the car. She did a double take as she realized that there was something different about them. She looked a little closer and before she closed her door she noticed that they had dyed their hair again. Almost exactly the same color again. Jessica’s hair was blue black and Leanne’s was purple black. She shook her head and shut her door starting the ignition. She pulled out of the parking lot and they were off to get totally wasted and celebrate her best friends birthdays. Since Jacey was a semi psychotic driver it didn’t take them long to get to their destination. They all got out and got the same whistles and stares they got at Midnight Black. Jacey was wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans a green tunic style tank and black open toe pumps. Her hair fell down her back and to just above her ass. Jessica’s hair was pulled back into two braids and she had on a pair of black shorts and she had on a blood red tank top with the words heavy metal across the front, and white sneakers. Leanne was dressed in black skinny jeans, a purple tank top and black and purple vans. Her purple/black hair was tucked behind her. The trio walked in together and laughed at the fact that people were staring. That always happened when the three of them got together. But the one guy that wasn’t taking his eyes off Leanne was sitting across the room with his friends in one of the darker corners of the club.