Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

You Owe Me A Favor

Matt sat with his back to the wall waiting for the signing to start. He wanted it over with so that they could leave. It had been only one day since she had left. He didn’t know if he should call her or not and he had no way of knowing if she even wanted to talk to him. He sighed. It was still half an hour until the thing started. He pulled out his cell phone and glancing guiltily at his band mates as well as the other guys on the tour he dialed an all too familiar number. He waited five rings before her voice mail picked up.

“Hey Val, it’s Matt, and I’m calling in that favor. Call me back.” he hung up the phone and noticed that Brian was shaking his head at him. He flipped him the finger and turned to see that Zack was flipping his cell phone closed as well. There was nothing he could do to help Zack, who was functioning well below the norm for him. Glancing beside Brian he saw that Kelly was busy pulling water bottles out of the cooler. Why couldn’t they all be lucky like Jimmy? Kelly handed out the bottles and Jimmy pulled her to him and down on his lap. She smiled and kissed him lightly on the lips. Matt couldn’t help but think that if Jacey was here she be beside him. Heads turned when Zack finally exploded and James was the target.

“You know this is your fucking fault Hart.”

“How is it my fault? I didn’t tell you to fall in love with her.” All eyes were on the two of them after that statement.

“It doesn’t matter. You started this whole thing.”

“Look at it this way ZV, you wouldn’t have met her if it weren’t for that stupid bet.” James said and walked away. Zack glared after the man and walked to a chair and sat down. He glanced in Johnny’s direction and glared at Lacey who was sitting on the ground beside him sketching. She stopped for a minute and looked up and Zack turned his gaze elsewhere. He had fucked up and should have been honest about it before they slept together. Dammit why was he such an idiot.

Val was sitting there staring at her phone. Favor… he was calling it in now. What the hell could the man possibly want her to do for him. He had thrown her away. But it was something she had to do. Well she could pretend she didn’t know what in the hell he was talking about. Yeah that would work. Let him call a few more times, if it was that important he would beg her. And there would be a price.

“Val pick up the damn phone, I know you’re screening your calls, I’m not begging I’m demanding. You owe for keeping your ass out of prison…”

“Okay damn what the fuck do you want?” Val demanded picking up the phone two days later when he called again.

“You owe me and I think it’s time I call it in.”

“Well what is it Matt?” She asked suddenly afraid it had to do with Jacey.

“I want you to deliver a message to Jacey, I don’t care how, but tell her to meet me at Midnight Black Saturday at nine.”

“Do I have to?”

“Do you want me to answer that?”

“No”

“Then I suggest you do this or I make your life a living hell.” Val hung up the phone not saying a word and trued to figure out how the hell she was going to get the bitch that took her place a message. She looked down at the cordless phone in her hand and threw it at the wall.

Brian was sitting in his bunk with his IPOD headset in his ears. He was ignoring the guys and sighed as he closed his eyes. All he could see was the purple haired woman he was so jealous of Zack for becoming friends with that wouldn’t look twice at him. He was listening vaguely to the music, and when 45 started playing he immediately changed it because he saw Leanne every time he heard that song. She used to go around singing with it every time that it played. He had no clue why she liked the song so much but she did.

They were headed to Ohio for a show and it was a two day drive with a stop on the way for a signing and then they somehow had the weekend off and were doing whatever they wanted. Matt said he had something to take care of and already had plans. Jimmy and Kelly were going to be going to the zoo in Columbus for lack of something better, and the only reason this was happening was because Kelly had grown up in Ohio and moved to California for college, and hadn’t been back in a while. She wanted Jimmy to see one of her favorite places there and since he didn’t mind at all he was taking her. Lacey and Johnny were going with for lack of anything better to do. Which left him and Zack alone to avoid each other or get into a fight over whose fault this was. And they all knew it was Zacks. But Zack blamed James.

Val was pacing her living room and finally walking out her front door. She owed him and owed him big time, and was lucky he had said that she only owed him one favor instead of fifty. She sat in her car a minute before starting it and then sighed as she started the engine. It took her thirty minutes to get through traffic. When she got to the house she was looking for, she figured that she would only have to put a note in the mailbox and keep it anonymous but that wasn’t going to work since she was standing outside in a swimsuit top and shorts washing her SUV. She looked up as Val slammed the door of her car. Jacey stared at her for a moment and resisted the urge to punch the bitch in the face. It had been four days since she had come home. She knew the guys were in Ohio because according to Jess, Aaron had called to let her know that Jimmy had asked Kelly to marry him right after the show. Jess had become friends with Aaron and even though she refused to listen when it came to Zack she would still talk to a few of the others.

“What in the hell are you doing here?”

“Delivering a message to you.”

“Ha, I don’t believe that for a minute.”

“Well I am. I could always call Matt back and say that you told me to go to hell and didn’t listen to me.”

“And Matt wouldn’t call me with whatever he had to say. I don’t believe you for a minute now get the fuck off my front lawn.”

“Look I owe him big time so just shut up and listen.”

“Excuse me…”

“Meet him Saturday at Midnight Black at nine. That’s all he said. Now I’m leaving, no longer in debt to anyone and I still think you’re a whore.”

“Whatever bitch just leave.”

Matt sighed as he walked into his house to grab a fresh change of clothes. He had tonight and that was it. He had to leave first thing in the morning to meet the guys in New York. He changed into a pair of black jeans and a blue button down shirt. He grabbed his car keys and glanced at the clock. It was eight thirty. Damn he had half an hour to get across town on a Saturday night. He was gonna have to pull something miraculous to get there on time. He slid behind the wheel of his Camaro and looked sideways at the car sitting next to his. He sighed and whispered her name silently to himself. He needed her and it was a feeling that even he couldn’t explain.