Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Being Bored Isn't the Problem

Leanne sat looking out the window of her living room and wondering what in the hell she was gonna do. She was bored and she wanted to go out and have fun, but with everything that was going on in her life she didn’t think that that was possible. She sighed as she dialed Jacey’s number to see if her friend wanted to go and get lunch. She waited five rings and when Jacey didn’t answer she left a message and told her to call back. She sighed again and got up to go put on some actual clothes. She had been wearing her pajamas around just about everywhere. Well different ones everyday, she was too depressed to change. But if she was going out on her bike she needed to change. She pulled on a pair of jeans and was pulling on a t-shirt when her phone rang she turned toward the wall in her room and grabbed the phone that was there.

“Hello?”

“Hey, you called…”

“Yeah, wanna get lunch?”

“I kinda can’t, I’m actually not in LA at the moment.”

“Where the hell are you then?”

“Uhm we just landed in New York…”

“Who the hell is this ‘we’ you’re talking about and what in the living hell are you doing in New York?”

“I made up with Matt.” On her end of the phone Leanne rolled her eyes at her friend. So she was basically deserting her for a guy, okay that was understandable since she knew how Jacey was and that when she wanted something she got it. And she just prayed to god that this time it was permanent.

“Oh well in that case, I’ll call sis and see if she’s done running errands for grams and papaw.”

“Hey, Leanne is everything okay?”

“Just bored that’s all.”

“You sure?” ‘no I’m not sure… dammit’ was what she wanted to yell at her friend.

“Yeah positive. See ya when you get back.”

“Yeah see ya, I’ll call everyday I promise.”

“I doubt you’ll manage that but okay. Bye.” and without waiting for a response she hung up the phone. Leanne sat looking at the wall in front of her and sighed. There went that. Her sister was more or less avoiding her and it was like the trio’s friendship was vanishing. And it was all over guys. She thought for a moment and sighed. She had never really thought anything would come between them.

Zack raised an eyebrow as Matt walked into the venue that night with Jacey’s hand in his. Kelly grinned and Lacey hugged her. Jacey grinned as she hugged her two friends back. She smiled easily at all but Brian and Zack. The two of them turned and walked away. Jacey was holding Matt’s hand as the rest of them walked through the venue. She saw all the familiar faces and she ignored James just like she had Brian and Zack, after all she didn’t just blame the other two men, she blamed the man that started it as well. Which she didn’t find unreasonable. She stayed with Kelly and Lacey while the guys got ready to go onstage.

“So how have you two been?”

“Me and Jimmy are getting married.” Jacey tried not to laugh as the woman’s smile got wider than it already was. She had known Kelly all of maybe the month she had been on tour with the guys and liked her easily enough. She liked Lacey too who mainly kept to herself.

“That’s good for you Kelly.”

“Thanks, hey Jacey can we actually talk to you about something?” she raised an eyebrow at the normally quiet Lacey.

“About?”

“Brian…”

“I do not want to talk about…”

“He’s in love with Leanne.” Kelly spat out quickly before Jacey could finish her sentence. Jacey looked at the two of them and her eyes bugged.

“What the hell?” She asked just as Matt’s arms wrapped around her waist from behind.

“Their telling the truth, you can’t so much as mention her without getting these nasty ass looks from him and he can’t listen to too 45 without thinking about her. Trust me, every time him and Zack fight she gets brought up and Brian throws a punch immediately.” The wheels in Jacey’s head started churning immediately as she thought about getting even with her friends and slowly getting things where they needed to be. She knew that Lea was bored and she just had to think about a reason. She knew Lea had never gotten a chance with Brian, and that she was friends with Zack and maybe if she got Leanne with Brian, Jess would come back or by the time they got back to California Jess would be willing to give Zack a second chance. She smiled and turned to kiss her boyfriend.

She was about to walk out the front door thirty minutes later when the phone rang and she answered it when she read the caller ID.

“What Jace?”

“Come out to New York…”

“What the hell why?”

“Because I have a feeling that you might like the reason behind it.”

“Jacey, you’ve been back with them for how long and you want me there?”

“Well yeah, you’re one of my best friends. Jess won’t show so you have too.”

“Yeah right I suppose, she has to take care of grams and gramps anyway. Gimme a few days and I’ll be out there.”

“Ok, see ya in a few and love ya girly.”

“Back at ya.”

Jessica sighed as she finished folding the laundry and putting it away. It had been a week and she was trying to not cry. She had really liked Zack and thought that he was different. But no apparently he was an asshole, just like every other guy in the world. Well apparently not every guy. She couldn’t believe that Jacey had gone back with Matt, but if she thought about it hard enough, when Jacey fell she fell hard and fast and if it didn’t work she would hole herself up for a week and find something to do, namely work on cleaning her perfectly clean apartment or spend all her time working at the bar. Jessica walked to the kitchen to make herself a sandwich and got side tracked and glanced at a picture of her grandparents with her and Leanne. She smiled, that was what it was like to be close, and as far as she was concerned that was all she needed, she didn’t need a man to make her happy.