Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

"We Need to Talk"

"Zack we need to talk" Jess said as she walked over to him. Matt and Jacey turned around from their conversation about cars and both of them raised an eyebrow as they watched her walk over. There was a piece of paper in her hand.

"I thought you wanted me to burn in hell" Zack responded as he stood and leaned against the wall he had been sitting in front of listening to Jacey and Matt argue about cars and occasionally joining in.

“Don’t fucking start with me dammit.” Jess replied and Jacey tilted her head to one side and bit the inside of her cheek as she tried not to laugh at the situation.

“Uhm what the hell?” Zack said looking at her. Jacey walked over and stepped between the two, because they weren’t going to kiss and make up apparently.

“Okay opposite corners…”

“Shut up Jacey” Jess said and ignored her friend.

“Stay the fuck out of this” Zack said at the same time.

“Would you just shut up and listen to me?” Jessica said glaring at Zack.

“Why the fuck should I listen to you?”

“Because I said so.”

“After what you told me?”

“Don’t make me fucking hit you.”

“Chill the fuck out both of you.” Jacey said loudly they still ignored her and she looked to Matt for help he just shrugged. Jess turned to her friend.

“Jace stay the fuck out of this.”

“What the hell is your problem?” Jacey asked

“Yeah what the hell is your problem?” Zack demanded just as James, Kelly, and Jimmy walked in. Jessica looked at both of them and just started to cry. Zack and Jacey looked at her and Matt walked over just as the other three did.

“What the hell?” they all said at once. Jessica shoved the paper that was in her hand at Zack and sat down on the ground where he had been and cried harder as he read it.

“Oh…SHIT” and that made it worse as the tears started just pouring down her face.

“Dude, what’s wrong?” Matt asked as Jacey ripped the papers out of the stunned guitarists hands.

“HOLY FUCKING HELL!” and Jessica got if possible worse than she already was. Kelly took the paper and with Jimmy reading over her shoulder swallowed hard.

“Guys, lets go.” Jimmy said

“What the fuck is going on?” James and Matt asked together.

“Uhm, let’s leave these two alone.” Jacey said and looked pointedly at Matt, “Let’s go honey.”

“What? What don’t I know?” Matt asked

“I’ll explain later.”

“But I wanna know!” Matt said.

“Later”

“ALL OF YOU JUST GO THE FUCK AWAY!!” Kelly and Jimmy with the help of Jacey drug Matt and James away.

“Jess…”

“What?” she asked looking up at him from her spot on the ground, the tears were mostly gone now and she was wiping the remaining ones away.

“Uhm…”

“All you can say is UHM? I tell you I’m pregnant and that is all you can say?”

“Look okay this is a first for me…”

“And it’s not for me? You think I go around getting knocked up every few months or so?”

“No…I…” He was stumbling over a response for that one, because that was exactly what it had sounded like he had said.

“Spit it out Zack.”

“No I’d rather stay silent.” he said as Jess glared at him. “Would it help if I told you that when I went out to see you it was to tell you that I fucked up and I love you?”

“I don’t know… It doesn’t hurt… Stupid mood swings.” she said as her eyes began to get misty again.

“Can we work through this?” He asked as he sat down beside her on the ground.

“I don’t know maybe… we can try…”

“You do know your sister’s here right?”

“And you bring her up now, wait is she knocked up too?” Jessica asked glaring at him again.

“The way her and Brian are fucking like rabbits, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.”

“Wait, what? Lea and Brian?” Jessica asked looking at the father of the child she was carrying like he was insane.

“They’re giving Jacey and Matt a run for their money.” Zack said groaning as he nodded.

“Damn.”

“See you can smile.” Jessica hit Zack as he stood and then offered her a hand to help her up. She took it and they stayed like that for a moment and then she removed her hand from his, no matter how much she wanted to keep it there, this was far from fixed.

“Well we better go break the news to everyone… well everyone that doesn’t know already anyway.”

“Wait your not gonna faint or anything are you?”

“No…” Zack said looking at her funny.

“Wow, I feel like an idiot now, I fainted when the doctor told me I wasn’t sick, that I was pregnant.”

“Sorry would be the thing to normally say, but uhm not in this situation.” Jessica stopped walking and turned to look at him. Was he saying what she thought he was saying. Because sorry would mean that he didn’t want the baby, or her. Unless he was only sorry that she fainted.

“If I kissed you right now, would you push me away?” she asked him. He smiled slightly.

“No, I would just wish the night was over…well, this part anyways, so I could hold you.”

“Okay…” and she kissed him. He pulled her a little closer and kissed her back. When they pulled apart she was smiling slightly. “You know Zack you can say your sorry for me fainting.”

“But that would mean I was sorry for what happened between us and that you got pregnant and…”

“No it wouldn’t. Lets go find my sister and tell her first.”

“Okay” he wasn’t gonna argue. They were walking down the corridor and it was now like half an hour to show time and people were starting to gather in groups and triple check that things were where they belonged. They spotted Leanne she was grinning like an idiot and standing next to a vending machine popping the top on a can of Mountain Dew.

“Okay, your happy why?” Jessica asked raising an eyebrow at her sister.

“Uhm, no reason in particular.” Jessica faked a sneeze at that.

“Sorry, but you know I’m allergic to bullshit.”

“Uhm, okay so what are you doing here any way?”

“I’m miserable and you and Haner are acting like Jace and Matt.”

“We are not! We are nowhere near as bad as those two.” Zack snorted and tried his damndest not to laugh any more than that.

“No, you’re right, the two of you are worse.” Jacey said walking up.”

“Yeah fucking right.” Leanne said.

“Okay I don’t want to hear whose worse…” but of course her twin and best friend ignored her.

“Who was found at the last venue backed up against the wall with Brian, making out and half undressed?” Jessica’s jaw dropped and she looked at Zack. He bit his lip and nodded.

“And who was found in that closet in nothing but her underwear with Matt who was shirtless with his pants around his ankles.”

“Low, that was so low.” Jacey said and glared at Lea.

“We don’t wanna hear this, honestly.”

“Oh please like you two of all people don’t know what happens when two people want one another.”

“Jace, we apparently are the only ones that know how to have sex where people aren’t going to walk in on us.”

“Wait what, you two had sex?” Leanne asked. They all looked at her like she was crazy.

“Uhm like five weeks ago sis.” Jess said and raised an eyebrow.

“Oh… right have I really been with Brian for a month?” Jessica shook her head. Now for the other shoe to drop.

“Lea, I’m pregnant.”