Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Five Hundred Dollar Bet

Jessica walked into the arena with Zack’s arm around her waist. She was still sad by the loss of her grandfather and you could see it in her eyes, as well as Leanne’s but it was nothing compared to the hatred that they both felt for their mother. Leanne had gotten way past breaking point when they had discovered that they had been raised by their grandparents because their mom didn’t want them. Ada had told them the entire story behind it and it hadn’t helped make matters any better especially since all that Jessica did was cry the entire time the story was told. Then she had called Zack and told him that she as afraid that she would end up like her mother. He had reassured her that she wouldn’t and got her calmed down enough to think logically again and not cry. And he had told her one little sentence that was stuck in her head. “Besides’ you have something your mom didn’t, Me.” and she had realized just then that no matter what he was right. Her baby had a father that wanted it.

Leanne and Brian as predicted had disappeared somewhere and so had Jacey and Matt. Jimmy shook his head and they all walked toward the stage area and sat down on the stage since it was still almost eight hours until show time. Once they were all sitting down Jessica pulled the ultra sound pictures out of her purse and handed them to Zack. She was six weeks pregnant and just thinking about her baby made her smile. She glanced around to the group sitting on the stage and knew every single one of them was there because they were afraid to walk around backstage and “walk in” on one of two couples.

“So hey who do you think is gonna be back out here first. Leanne and Brian or Jacey and Matt?” James asked. Jacoby rolled his eyes and sighed.

“That sounds like your daring us to bet on who’s gonna be rejoining us first.” Aaron told his friend.

“You know what that’s a good idea.” Zack said. Jessica punched him. “Five hundred says Jacey and Matt rejoin us first.” Jessica seriously turned her head to her boyfriend.

“I’ll bet that, I’m going to say that Brian and Leanne rejoin us first though.” James said. No one else joined in on the bet but they sat there wondering just who was going to win this one. Jacoby saw the look in Zacks eyes and good tell that he was praying that he lost. He wondered why. Although it was hilarious when Josh pointed toward the left side of the stage where Briand and Leanne were walking towards them. Jacey and Matt where nowhere to be seen.

“So glad of you to rejoin us you two.” Zack said with a smirk. Everyone turned to look at him because he had said that Jace and Matt would be back first. Zack stood and grabbed something out of his duffel bag that he had dropped on the floor for Jess to use as a pillow since she had said something about thinking about taking a nap. A moment later he turned and dropped an envelope in James’ lap. “500 even” was all he said and helped Jess up and wrapped her in his arms.

“What the fuck?” Brian asked.

“Slick” Jacoby said because he knew exactly where that five hundred had come from. It was the original five hundred from the original bet. James apparently realized that as well.

“Smooth Baker.”

“Someone want to clue us in?” Leanne asked.

“Sure, see it’s like this, and don’t take it wrong but you guys are no where near as bad as Matt and Jacey, and James wondered out loud who was going to rejoin us first. Obviously you guys have, and Zack bet that Jace and Matt would, betting 500 dollars. James said it would be the two of you. Same bet. See that envelope?”

“What about it?” Lea and Jess asked at the same time. Brian glanced at it and laughed.

“The first bet money.” Brian said. Jessica looked at Zack.

“Like I was gonna spend it, besides I told you assholes that I forfeited.”

“He did…” Jess said trailing off as he kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short sweet and that 500 has been bugging me so this is what ya'll get. ENJOY