Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Getting Caught

Jacey glanced at her cell phone as it went off and saw Lacey’s number on the screen. She smiled and flipped it open and placed the phone to her ear and moving toward the back door.

“Hey, what’s up Lacey?”

“Just thought I would call and see how things were going.”

“uh huh, I bet, my parents left the room for five minutes and walked back in to me and Matt making out.”

“Let me guess you were in his lap, not the both of you standing just holding each other.”

“Right, and I think that’s why my mom’s sitting there with a pale face and not looking at me.”

“Aww I’m sorry.”

“Yea not your fault. So what are you up too?”

“Me and Johnny thought that it would be funny to see if you two were keeping your hands off one another.”

“We are not that bad.” Jacey said exasperatedly. This was insane did they seriously think that all she and Matt did was fuck?

“Yes you are.”

“We are not.”

“Are too.”

“Babe who are you arguing with?” Matt asked from where he was watching her amused as she got frustrated and argued with the person on the phone. Her parents were watching somewhat amused as well.

“Lacey.”

“And you’re arguing with Johnny’s woman why.”

“Cos she called to check up on us.” Matt got the hidden undertone in that statement and grinned.

“Then I’m sorry but I agree with Lacey.”

“That’s it Lacey, I’m gonna call you back. I may kill my fiancé.” She hung up the phone and she then smacked Matt over the head, he just pulled her down in his lap and made her sit. Ellie’s mouth thinned into a straight line but the pair kept their hands to themselves the rest of the day. When they finally left around three Jacey tossed Matt the keys to her mustang and got in the passenger side. He got in and started the car. They got back to Matt’s and Jacey barely waited for him to turn the car off before she was straddling his hips and her lips were on his. It was a really uncomfortable position because of the steering wheel, but she didn’t care at that moment. Matt managed to get them out of the car somehow with a little assistance from her and had her backed against the car door the minute it was shut. She clung to him as his hand ran up her side and then back down and he pulled her shirt up over her head. She did the same with his and he lifted her so she was sitting on the hood of her car. She grinned as his lips pressed against hers. She had her hands at the button on his jeans when someone cleared their throat. They pulled apart and their heads turned to see Ellie standing there in shock.

“Shit…. Mom what are you doing here?” Jacey was shocked to see her mom and suddenly realized she was shirtless.

“How’d she know where I live?”

“Jessica… and you left your phone at the house.” Jacey bit her lip and pulled her shirt back over her head.

“Mom… wait.” Jacey said as she followed after her mom who had turned and walked away.

“Why, it looked like I interrupted something.”

“Mom, I’m an adult”

“I can see that.”

“Mom, it’s not like he’s just some guy.”

“The way the two of you were just acting I would hope he wasn’t.” Jacey’s mom got in her car and left after handing Jacey the phone she had brought her. Jacey stood there and sighed. Great, twice in one day, her mother may have been happy about this at first but Jacey had a feeling she was having second thoughts. She turned and walked back to the garage, this time she remembered the garage door and closed it. She turned to Matt who grinned and she pulled her shirt back off and grinned as he pulled her against him.

Jessica and Zack were both covered in flour from tossing it at one another. Leanne and Brian weren’t any better off. The four of them had baked five different kinds of cookies and were now trying to clean up the mess, but seeing as Brian had tossed flour at Leanne and started the flour fight it was kinda hard to clean when you were having fun. Ada walked in and looked at the mess. She saw two couples acting like teenagers as they threw flour at one another.

“I have to run to the store. I’ll be back.” She said and the four laughing adults nodded and the minute she was gone they began to clean the kitchen since they were out of flour. Jessica and Zack headed upstairs and Brian and Leanne finished putting away the clean dishes. The cookies were all in containers and sitting on the dining room table. Leanne found herself pressed close to Brian with her lips on his as soon as the dishes were put away. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he lifted her so that she was sitting on the counter. She wrapped her legs around him and her hands trailed down to the hem of his shirt and pulled it over his head.

“Lea… we’re in the kitchen…”

“So Zack and Jess are upstairs, Grams isn’t here. Besides… you started it.” And Brian grinned down at her and kissed her neck before pulling the blue t-shirt over her head.

Zack held Jessica close for a moment once they got upstairs and she grinned as she walked to her bedroom and grabbed a change of clothes. He grabbed some pants and a shirt out of his duffel bag. She took his hand and crossed the hall to the bathroom Zack grinned at her as he closed and locked the bathroom door behind them. He pulled her close and kissed her gently. She looked up at him with love in her eyes. And he was lost in those brown eyes as he leaned down and kissed her once more.

Ada walked into the house after doing her shopping and going to her doctors appointment. She knew the others were still there because their cars were out front. She dropped her purse on the hall table and walked back outside to get the two bags of groceries that she had bought. She took them straight to the kitchen and it was probably a good thing that she hadn’t bought eggs, because both bags landed on the floor. She turned and walked from the kitchen and Leanne bit her lip and the two of them quickly put on what clothes had been discarded and she went out to talk to her grandmother. Jessica and Zack were coming down the stairs at the same time that Ada sat down on the couch and angrily tossed a pillow.

“Grams what’s wrong?”

“Ask your sister.” Jessica looked toward Leanne who had just walked in and then to her grandmother.

“Oh god Lea you didn’t.”

“It just kinda happened.”

“Dammit Lea, why must you do this stupid shit there’s bedrooms upstairs, you even have one here.”

“Sorry that we don’t do it behind closed doors all the time like the two of you do.”

“Hey, I resent that, sorry, but when there’s other people around Lea, its called courtesy.”

“You two were upstairs, Grams left.”

“I came home didn’t I?” Ada asked. Leanne glared at them both.

“Oh please like you and Zack didn’t share that shower you both seem to have obviously taken.” Ada’s head snapped in Jessica’s direction.

“Hey this isn’t suddenly on me.” they all five jumped when the phone rang breaking the silence that had followed Jessica’s statement. Leanne was closest to it and picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Lea, oh thank god can you come over to Matt’s, I kinda need someone to talk to .”

“Jace what happened?”

“I’ll tell you when you get here. Bring Jess too.”

“Oh thank you the four of us will be there in ten minutes. Trust me.” She hung up the phone before Jacey could answer her.

“What was that about?” Brian asked.

“Jacey and Matt want us to go over there, like now.”

“Lemme grab my keys.” Jess said and the four of them soon found themselves out the door and when Jessica got in the passenger side of her truck she smiled at Zack as he got behind the wheel. He leaned over and kissed her as they waited for Brian to pull out. And as promised ten minutes later they were at Matt’s.

“Okay what’s the major emergency?” Jessica asked as she walked around to stand beside Zack.

“My mom kinda walked in on me and Matt… oh my god you two are engaged!” Jess cocked an eyebrow at her friend and Zack put his arm around her. Leanne and Brian looked at the two of them.

“We’ve been in the kitchen all day with the two of you and not one word?”

“Lea, can we not mention the kitchen please?” Jessica said looking at her sister.

“Why what happened someone blow something up?” The four that had just gotten there looked at Matt and not a one of them said a word.