Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Twins

Jessica and Zack both smiled when they heard their baby’s heartbeat and the doctor telling them that it was a strong healthy heartbeat. Suddenly when he moved the wand on her abdomen slightly it was like a double rhythm, not the steady one it had been. The doctor messed around for a moment before looking at them shaking his head while smiling.

“Congratulations Jessica, you’re having twins.”

“What?” Jessica and Zack said looking at the doctor. Zack looked ready pass out.

“Twins?” Jessica asked and thank god there was a nurse in the room because Zack did pass out. Jessica wanted to. A few minutes later when they were leaving they were obviously too stunned to speak. Jessica held the ultrasounds in her hands and looked at Zack. He looked down at her and wrapped an arm around her.

“We have to tell your grandmother.”

“Oh god…” and after they got there twenty minutes later and after blasting several heavy metal songs she still wasn’t ready to tell her grandmother that she was having twins. When they walked in Ada was coming down the stairs.

“I thought I heard car doors, what are the two of you doing here? You’re supposed to be getting ready to leave for Hawaii with Matt and Jacey.”

“Yeah we had that doctors appointment today remember Grams?”

“Oh that’s right.”

“Well the babies are healthy…”

“Well that’s good, that the baby is… wait… babies?” Ada said and Zack took her arm to steady her as she finished walking down the last few steps.

“I’m having twins.” Jessica said looking at her Grams.

“Oh honey that’s wonderful!” Ada said moving to her granddaughter.

“I’m not ready for one baby Grams, let alone two… I mean don’t get me wrong I want my babies, but…”

“It’s okay honey.” Zack said and she leaned into him. He answered his phone a second later when it rang.

“What Matt?”

“You two about ready?”

“Oh Jessica, you’ll be a great mother. Twins… you should’ve realized it could happen sweetie.” Ada told Jessica.

“Yeah we’re getting ready to head over there.”

“Wait did Ada just say twins?”

“What about Twins baby?” Jacey yelled from somewhere across the room as she tossed something her bag.

“Later Jace…holy shit dude I think my wife jinxed you.”

“I don’t want to know. We’ll be there in ten minutes.”

“Yeah see ya in a few Zack, and congrats man.” Zack wanted to throw his phone but he didn’t.

“We have to go, we’ll see you when we get back.”

“Yes, of course.”

“And Grams, don’t go too hard on Lea while I’m gone.”

“Why would I do that, it isn’t like she’s staying here.”

“Grams…she’s got to find a guy sometime right.”

“I don’t like him.”

“Oh get over it and quit being stubborn woman.” Jessica said and walked out the door leaving Zack and Ada shocked. “Are you coming Zack?”

“Yeah” and he shrugged at Ada and followed his wife. Oh god he wasn’t ready for this. He loved, her but oh god what had he done. She was on the porch waiting for him and she looked a little shocked herself.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be a bitch…”

“She’ll be okay. You ready to go.”

“Hell yeah I’m not fat yet and I can still wear a cute swimsuit Imma enjoy the next two weeks…”

“Don’t know how often your gonna wear that swimsuit…” Zack muttered under his breath.

“What was that Zack?’

“I said your not gonna get fat.”

“I’m pregnant you won’t be saying that in about a month.”

“Jess, look at me.” She turned to look at him beside the passenger door of the mustang. “You’re gonna be eight months pregnant and I’ll still say that, you’re beautiful, you will be then too.”

“I love you Zack” and just like that she was crying again. He held her and a moment later she got in the car. When they got to Matt and Jacey’s Matt’s arms were crossed over his chest and Jacey had her hand on her hip glaring at him.

“You said ten minutes, it’s been fifteen.” Jacey said.

“I had a moment.” Jessica said, taking the fall for it.

“A moment?” Jacey asked.

“Don’t ask” Zack said.

“Ok…” Matt said and shook his head.

Brian woke up with Leanne in his arms and was grinning. He had the next two weeks off and only one thing to occupy his time. He rolled to face her and kissed her lips. She grinned as she returned it. Her hands ran through his hair and he leaned down and kissed her again and she smirked as she arch her body pressing it against his. This morning there were no dresses or clothes to remove from between them, nothing slowing them down. She ran her hands down over his back and back up as he kissed her. She was perfectly happy where she was. But then again at the moment that could’ve because she was naked in bed with Brian. She had gone back to his house last night and they had made love in his bed for the first time the night before. Brian pulled away from her for a moment. As much as he didn’t want to stop what they had started there was a reason he hadn’t brought her home with him.

“Brian is something wrong?” Leanne asked rising up on her elbows as he stood and paced away from the bed.