Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Twins (part 2)

Brian and Leanne got to his house almost an hour later. It was about three hours until Leanne had to leave and go get the newlyweds. He sat on the front porch and she sat beside him. He wrapped and arm around her and she smiled to herself. She looked up at him and saw the look in his eyes.

“Brian, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I was just thinking.”

“I seen the smoke…what’s wrong?”

“Nothing really, just happy I got you back.”

“Two weeks was way too long not to see you Brian.”

“I just wanted you to be there, to see your smile…”

“Shh…” and she leaned up a little and kissed him. “I’ve missed that.”

“Me too… Lea, we… maybe we should take things slow this time.”

"Are you telling me I'm good enough to be your girlfriend, I'm just not good enough to sleep with?"

“Uhm… no…uh…” Brian looked at her and swallowed.

“What is it then Brian?”

“I just..I don’t want to fuck this up this time.”

“Oh…”

“Honey, don’t be mad. I just… I just wanna do this right this time.”

“That makes sense, doesn’t mean I don’t agree with it entirely.”

Jacey was holding Matt’s hand as they walked off the plane. There was a smile on her face and happiness that couldn’t be described running through her body. Not only had she just got back from her honeymoon, she had just spent two weeks on a private, secluded beach having sex with Matt without worrying about interruptions or being walked in on by their friends. She glanced behind her to the couple behind them and rolled her eyes they were walking closer together than Matt and Jacey and Jacey was surprised that they weren’t tripping over one another. She shook her head and scanned the crowd for Leanne who said she would meet them there. She spotted her friend and smiled. Jessica suddenly stopped walking and looked in Leanne’s direction. Something wasn’t right. She said something briefly to Zack and walked quickly to where her sister was. Jacey and Matt glanced at one another and then to Zack who shrugged and the trio followed Jessica.

“What the hell did he do to you Lea?”

“What are you talking about Jess?”

“Something’s wrong Lea and you know I know it.”

“Nothing’s wrong Jess, honest everything’s fine.” Jessica wasn’t stupid she saw it in her sisters eyes.

“Don’t make me ask Grams.”

“If something was wrong do I seriously look stupid enough to tell Grams?”

“Yes”

“Whatever, are you guys ready to go?” Leanne asked shaking her head at her sister. She wasn’t going to let her sister know about what had happened between her and Brian because then she would go completely off on her. Well actually she would go completely off on Brian and she didn’t need that. There was a lot that her sister didn’t need to know and the fight between her and Brian was one of them. Although Leanne wondered if the two weeks they had been apart if he had been with other women to try and forget her. She was too scared to ask him. The group walked from the airport after grabbing their bags and from there they drove to Matt and Jacey’s since that’s where Jessica’s truck was.

She dropped them off and stayed a total of three minutes before leaving. The four newlyweds watched her go with eyebrows cocked. What the hell had been with Leanne? They shook their heads and went inside to feed themselves.

Leanne pulled back into Brian’s driveway blasting Seether’s FMLYHM and singing along at the top of her lungs. Brian shook his head as he watched her pull in. A smile was on his face. He watched as she jumped down out of her SUV and smirked a moment later as she launched herself at him. She laughed as he spun her around before setting her on the ground. She smiled up at him and he placed a kiss on her lips.

“So did they have fun?”

“Wouldn’t know, Jess went off on me.”

“What’d ya mean honey?”

“I don’t know it’s like she knew we fought.”

“How, she wasn’t here for it. And I’m pretty sure you told me you weren’t telling her.”

“I know, but I don’t know maybe it’s that weird twin thing we have. I used to do it to her all the time when she was with that asshole that your ex is not with.”

“Stupid bitch, I swear, and the guy was no better.”

“I know, but on the upside…”

“There’s an upside to our fight?”

“Yeah, I love you and you love me and there’s no more doubt about it.”

“None…now what’s wrong?”

“I just realized she called me dumb.”

“You’re not dumb.”

“She’s gonna talk to Grams…”

“Uhm, then I think we have to tell your sister the truth.”

“I know, Brian her and Jacey are gonna wanna kill you.”