Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Dinner With The Family

It was the next day and their last day home before they left for tour and Brian and Leanne were standing in the kitchen looking at one another and sighing. He couldn’t believe he had agreed to this. She had talked him into it or more or less teased him into it before giving him what he wanted. Now here they stood trying to decide what to feed everyone. Finally they decided on lasagna and by the time everyone got there ten minutes later it was coming out of the oven. They planned on telling them at dinner. Jessica and Zack shook their heads and Brian Sr. sighed at his son. Brian glared at his friends and father. They all sat down at the table and McKenna, began eating right away, hungry, while the others waited for what Brian and Leanne had to say.

“So yeah there’s a reason we’re all here right son?” Brian Sr. asked. Brian glared at him.

“What are you talking about honey?” Suzy asked her husband.

“Well I told him he had to tell you.”

“Tell me what?” Suzy asked looking at her stepson

“Well…Uhm…”

“What’d you do?” Ada asked the two of them looking curious.

“Oh trust me grams it’s nothing too horrible.”

“It’s nothing horrible at all.” Leanne said as she glared at her sister.

“Now I’m curious.” Brent Brian’s younger brother asked.

“The hormones are kicking in already.” Jessica said. Leanne glared.

“Jessica, what hormones you didn’t do anything.” Ada said.

“I had nothing to do with this.”

“Be pretty fucked up if she did.” Brian muttered.

“Not Funny” Leanne said.

“I thought it was…”

“You were wrong.” Jessica said and Zack snorted. “Seriously didn't you learn your lesson yesterday?”

“I think you all are getting off topic…” Brian asked.

“I agree... aren't Lea and Brian supposed to be sharing some information?”

“Shut up... and we will” Leanne said as Brian glared at his friend.

“Well get to it... we don't have all week and I want to know what's going on.” Ada said looking between the two of them.

“Well. See... the thing is... Lea and I... we…” Brian started to say.

“Holy hell... you got her pregnant didn't you?” Johnathan exclaimed. Ada just stared at the man.

“Don't be ridiculous John…” Brent said and looked at his oldest brother “Holy shit... you're right…”Jessica started giggling uncontrollably.

“Stop it's not funny.” Leanne said and smacked her twin.

“But I thought people weren't supposed to have babies until they were married... like Matt and Zack?” McKenna asked everyone looked at her and saw she looked confused.

“I agree with her…” Ada said

“GRAMS” Leanne said looking hurt

“Well I do…”

Grams... why don't we just drop it and eat now?” Jessica said.

“Fine” Ada muttered.

“Mommy... I’m confused…”

“I'll explain later sweetie. For right now, all you need to know is that Leanne and your brother love each other very much and soon you're gonna be an aunt.”

“See someone cares.” Brian said smiling at his stepmother.

“Thanks Suzy” Lea said smiling faintly.

“Its fine... besides... that means soon I'll have a grandbaby to spoil rotten…” Suzy said nodding in acknowledgment.

“And we don't have to worry about if Lea'll be able to feed it because we know she can cook.” Brian said smirking slightly

“And birthday cakes are on me.” Jessica said.

“See... I'm already better off than Matt…” Brian said.

Jacey would kill you if she knew you said that.” Lea said laughing trying to keep a straight face.

“Be glad he's not here to hear that” Zack said.

“Besides... Jace'll be able to feed him. It might be a lot of take out... but it's food…” Jess said

“Oh god... i just realized within a year im going to have three great grand babies…” Ada said

“Assuming Lea doesn't find out she's having twins too.”

“I swear to god... I'm coming after you if they tell me I'm having two…” Lea said glaring at her sister.

“Dear it runs in the family... don't be too surprised…” Ada told her other granddaughter

“Oh god…” Brian said paling.

“Good luck with that bro…” Brent said smirking and Brian

“Mom... Brian threw food! You're not supposed to do that at the dinner table…”

“Yeah... you're not supposed to do that.”

“It's my dinner table” Leanne raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend

“I mean 'our' dinner table.” Brian said coughing.

“Much better”

“So doesn’t mean food throwing is allowed“ Jessica then tossed a roll at her sister who picked it up and looked at it then took a bite.

“And this is what our families come down to …” Brian Sr. said “…Holidays should be interesting, that's for sure.”

“Good lord there's ten of us now…” Ada said catching on.

“Wait til the babies are born.... then it'll be thirteen.” Jessica said grinning

“At least…” Zack reminded his wife. His sister in law glared at him.

“Okay baby.. quit pissing off the pregnant women…”

The next day when they were all rushing grabbing last minute things they all seemed to make it to the first venue in Long Beach within five minutes of each other. Matt was the one to ask about the night before. Zack and Jessica bust out laughing and that told them all they needed to know.