Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Passing Time

Jessica laughed even harder as her sister smacked her over the head. She wasn’t trying to be mean but last night had been epic. Zack shook his head and Brian sighed, knowing that he wouldn’t live down what had happened last night. His eight year old sister was the one to mention something about being married before having kids. That was the worst part. That or Ada’s pale face when she realized they weren’t joking that Brian had gotten Leanne pregnant. He just wrapped an arm around his girlfriend and ignored the others as he walked into the venue. He heard Matt say something and rolled his eyes. Why were they all so annoying? Oh yeah because Jacey was pregnant and so was Jessica. Oh god and now Leanne was as well. This was going to be an eventful two months.

The first few days went well but When Leanne started getting sick all the time in the mornings they were all annoyed. Jacey had very rarely gotten sick and Jessica hadn’t gotten sick at all something Zack was thankful for. It meant he got laid in the morning and got to hold her longer before she got up. The other two girls just glared at the furthest along and she always just smiled or smirked. She was happy and if they cared anything about her they would know that it was a good thing that she wasn’t as bitchy as the red head had been the past few days. As much as Jacey cuddled on the couch on the bus or in the dressing rooms she was always finding someone to yell at.

Leanne just was miserable and she went around blaming Brian who despite everything still told her he loved her no matter how many times she called him a mother fucking bastard for getting her pregnant. He still held her at night and when she was feeling sick he was right there beside her. She couldn’t argue that the man didn’t love her. Because it was evident that he did and she no matter what she said loved him. She would curl into him when she was feeling horrible from the pregnancy and she would fall asleep watching movies with him. He would stay up until she fell asleep and he would carry her to bed. There was no denying anything between them or any other couple on the semi crowded bus. It was a month later when Jessica was four months pregnant that shit hit the fan.

Jacey sighed as she leaned back against the wall in the venue. Matt was talking and she wasn’t listening. She was annoyed with her parents and was taking it out on everyone else. They were getting mad because she wasn’t home and they didn’t get to see her and she was always with Matt. They liked him but they were starting to call all the time and it was annoying. They wanted her to come home early and she told her mom that she would be home in a few weeks and would spend time annoying them while she was waiting for Matt to come home the month before Jessica’s babies were due. That hadn’t made her parents happy and now they were trying to say that Matt was keeping them from their daughter. Which wasn’t the case at all. If it was he wouldn’t be letting her talk to them either.

Jessica was starting to feel annoyed by everything going on around her. She had finally gotten Jacey’s parents to lay off by yelling at them and going off about how Matt wasn’t keeping their daughter from them and they needed to get over them selves and realize that their daughter was married and happy and having a baby and that if they wanted Jacey to be happy they would lay off the over abundance of phone calls and let her be. She had then gone off on her grandmother who was harassing Leanne about Brian. None of it was fair to either her friend or her sister. She was the only one that apparently had a man that the “parental” figure liked.

They finally made it home and were home with the girls for a week and they had a big dinner at Matt’s where Matt cooked dinner and everyone actually liked it. The day after they got back and the day after they had the pizza dinner that Matt had made Matt took his wife to the pet store and she was wondering why. When Matt told her it was a belated gift, that he had wanted to get her since they’d gotten married she kissed him not caring that they were in the pet store. Matt told her she could get a puppy or a kitten and she looked at him her eyes wide. He was so wonderful. She was having trouble deciding and Matt whispered in her ear and she grinned.

They got home with the new additions to the family and Jacey sat on the floor with the Rotwieler puppy and the little black kitten with the white mask of fur around its eyes and laughed as she played with them both. She named the puppy Max and the kitten she named her batman. Matt shook his head at that and smiled. It was her cat. He sat on the floor beside her after taking all the stuff for their new additions to where it needed to be in the house. Matt later that night found himself laying in bed with the puppy at his feet and the cat laying on his side as he lay there holding his wife close. Hadn’t he bought the animals for her? He laughed to himself and Jacey moved back against him so they were closer. He was one lucky man. He had the woman he loved, and she was carrying his baby, and they had a couple of pets that would grow up with the baby when he or she was born. This was everything that Matt wanted and suddenly he realized that he didn’t want to go off on tour when the week was over. But he would be back in two months for another week break and two months after that they were back for a while to record the new album and the birth of the Baker Twins.