Sequel: Kickstart My Heart

Chicks=Trouble

Births and Tragedys

Every two months was not enough time to spend with the men they loved. But when they were finally home for the birth of the twins. Brian had a present for his girlfriend. They were sitting at a his parents house on the porch watching McKenna and a friend when Brian finally got the nerve to give her the gift he had bought her. McKenna stopped playing and her and her friend sat on the ground being good. Brian turned to Leanne and his parents walked out on the patio to announce that they were home at the same moment he spoke.

“Leanne Hathaway… will you marry me?” Brian bit his lip and looked into her eyes wanting the answer from his girlfriend to be yes. He saw the smile cross her face as she leaned forward not taking her eyes off his. She hadn’t heard his parents enter the scene.

“Yes…Brian…oh honey…” and she started crying, but they were tears of happiness. Brian slipped the ring on her finger and stood pulling her up out of her chair as well and wrapped her in his arms placing a kiss to her lips just as her cell phone rang. Her eyes went wide and she pulled her phone out of her pocket and answered it. Suddenly oblivious to even Brian.

“Jess…”

“Babies… hospital… now…”

“Okay, we’ll meet you there… just… yeah…” She hung up and Brian saw it. He saw her smile she was about to be an aunt. McKenna hugged her older brother and Leanne and Brian left. Brian’s parents sending their best with the newly engaged couple. When they got to the hospital five month pregnant Leanne hugged her sister when she walked into the delivery room. Jessica saw the smile on her sister’s face and raised an eyebrow at her.

“Did I interrupt something with you and Brian?”

“Yeah a kiss… it was nothing… oh sis… where’s Grams…”

“Leanne what the hell is that?” Jessica said looking at her sisters left hand.

“Nothing important right now. You’re what matters.”

“Figures I go into labor the day my twin sister gets engaged.”

“Hey I got pregnant the night you got married…”

“whatever… congrats…” She cut off as she had contraction. Ada walked in and glared at the back of Brian’s head.

“This is where you’ll be in four months.”

“Can’t wait for my son to be born.” Brian said looking straight into Ada’s eyes. Ada rose an eyebrow at him.

“This family hasn’t had a boy in decades, good luck with that.”

“Grams… Brian not the time… babies…”

Five hours later they were all but Zack out in the waiting area and when Zack came out he was grinning like an idiot.

“Jade Faith and Ruby Lynn Baker…” Everyone was up and congratulating him. “Your sister wants to see you Lea.”

“YES!!” and Leanne walked down the hall into the room.

Two months later Jacey and Matt were the ones having a baby and everyone was assembled back at the hospital for Jacey as well. She was in labor for seven hours with Rian Sanders and when he was born Matt smiled at his wife as she let him take their son from her. Brian was holding seven month pregnant Leanne in his arms and suddenly after the twins and now Rian he wanted his baby to be born. He looked down as Leanne placed his hand on her abdomen. He smiled as the baby kicked. They hadn’t wanted to know what they were having. But they both wanted a boy. Leanne was the next one to hold Rian and she smiled at her god son. She wanted her baby to be born just so she could hold him. But for now she could deal with her nieces and god son.

Leanne went into labor two months later and when she had a boy she smiled. She looked up at Brian and he smirked. They had a son. So much for Ada’s theory. Despite how much Leanne knew Brian didn’t like her grandmother she wished she could be there. But she had slowly gotten sicker after Jade and Ruby had been born and she was worse now in the hospital again. She had been healthy and then her health started to go again. So as she sat here holding Tristan she looked up at Brian. He smiled weakly at his fiancee and brushed a loose strand of hair out of her face. He leaned down and kissed her forehead and she handed them their son. As he held the baby for the first time he suddenly knew things would never be the same again.

Ada was awake two days later when Leanne who had been released the day before walked in with the baby in his carrier. Jessica had the twins and Brian and Zack were with them. Ada didn’t have the strength to glare at Brian. They knew she wasn’t going to last much longer but they wanted her to meet the newest addition to the family. Ada said nothing as she saw her grandson for the first time but she was too weak to hold him. She smiled at him and that was the last time she saw her grandson. Two days later Ada passed away and the girls cried. A week after the funereal their mother started her shit making claims to everything that was left to the three great grandchildren Ada would never know.