I Never Asked To Be Gifted...

Uncontrollable Tension

I walked very gracefully and as carefully as I could manage down the stairs once again. It wasn’t hard, being graceful I mean, as being immortal does have its advantages but I always put on a clumsy act for everyone. It really annoys my grandmother at how I (her biological granddaughter) can be so uncoordinated compared to herself. Every now and again I get lectured on how I should take lessons or something to come up to her unrealistic, perfectionist standards. I was used to the same boring lecture month after month so occasionally (like now for instance) I walked like the complete angel I wanted everyone to believe I am.

I managed to reach the floor this time without crashing through the stairs and without making a single noise. My grandmother and her guests were all talking as I crept swiftly into the kitchen. Everyone was leaning against a bench top, except (of course) my grandmother who always stood elegantly, perfectly still in the centre. The tension almost was exploding out of the room and you could almost see it breaking the bricks. My lime green, knee length, lacy night dress was reflecting the bright sunlight coming in through the window and making pretty green patterns on the linoleum floor. As soon as a tiny dot of green was in sight, everyone (at the same time) started to stare me with sympathetic eyes. Well, everyone except one.

I kept walking, normal paced, towards the fridge to get some orange and mango juice for a drink and I could feel the stares against my bare skin as if each eye was a pin pointed laser. As I walked past everyone I studied each face carefully and I realized I knew a few of the faces. I took a mental picture of everyone as I walked past them and finally reached the fridge. None of the tension had lifted, nor any of the sympathetic stares.

I started to walk back to the clean bench next to the new, gleaming white stove and I could suddenly feel a sharp pain in my left foot. I knew one of the people in the room was using their special ability as I had been a victim of it before. I suddenly remembered who it was… “Isidore would you please reframe from using your power on me, it does get quite annoying…” I quickly gave her an evil smile as she wasn’t usually open about these things at all and gets angry quite easily with anyone who tries to pick her apart. Of course that sparked her anger streak and she quietly snarled. I always found it quite amusing to pick on people, but especially her. Usually I would have been tackled by now but I’m guessing that because of the authorities in the room she had to restrain.

No one seemed to have the urge to move, everything suddenly turned incredibly awkward. I decided to break the silence/awkwardness and continue on to pouring my daily drink of orange and mango juice. I always found it refreshing first thing in the morning to have a three quarter filled glass and stare out the window to what I called a perfect day. Then someone decided to speak… It gave me a fright and accidentally made me drop my glass which smashed into smithereens. Then the trouble started…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,

Sorry for taking so long on posting the chapter, I have been really busy with school work and things. I hope you like where the story is going =] I am open to any suggestions or corrections.

Yours sincerely,
xXSpiralofDarknessXx