Bring Me to Life

Sight

“Okay…on 1, 2…”
“Die, I swear to god if you jump on me I’ll castrate you.” Shinya grumbles beside me, knowing full well Daisuke is prepping to leap into his bed to wake him. How he got into the house is something neither of us want to know. Groaning, I convince myself to hover on out of my sleep, stretching above these two imbeciles. Well…maybe not so much the both of them. I think to myself seeing Die vault on top of Shinya. The next few minutes I spend examining the marks on the ceiling. I kind of wonder how foot prints managed to get up here. Anyway, we all head out, Die moping behind everyone during the day, clutching his privates. I can’t help giggling, noticing how Shinya reacts to hearing my voice yet again. The man looks utterly perplexed. They arrive for band practice where they get into the swing of things. I chill on his lap, as usual, until they hit their third song and I know what that means. Time for a wiz. And of course this stupid ghost body follows of its own accord. I’ve seen my fair share of Shinya in the past month or so. I’ll admit, he’s a fine looking guy, but everyone deserves a break now and then. Plopping my fine self down onto one of the ceramic sinks, I wait the allotted 17 seconds for him to finish, (You see what I mean? I should NEVER know how long a person takes to pee. And he must have a problem cause who the hell pees that much?!) but am utterly perplexed when he doesn’t wash his hands immediately.
“Dude, sick. Wash those bad boys.” I tease, jumping as he leaps back a good 6 feet, all color drained of his face.
“Y-you’re awake?” He stutters. I just clutch my chest, my heart practically beating outside of my body as of now. Looking around the bathroom, I see no one else, glancing back toward Shinya, I find him staring directly at me. Me. ME. Dude I’m dead. Waving slightly, I’m alarmed to see him flinch, still wide eyed. “What are you doing in here anyway? This is the MEN’S BATHROOM!” He enunciates, as if I was a toddler or something.
“Oh, just going where the wind takes me.” I shrug when he jumps again, making me mirror the action. “Dude! Stop that!” I squeak clutching my heart. “You’re gonna kill me even more.” I groan. He looks rather confused. “Again…I meant again.” I nod, hoping to maybe just pretend I’m alive.
“Sorry, just…odd.” He admits, still eyeing me suspiciously.
“Yes. I’m here. Right now.” I nod, not entirely certain why he can suddenly see me. Did I say the magic word or something? Make him fall in love with me by my luxurious voice and bodacious body? He ain’t my Prince Charmin is he? Or did my heart just grow, like the Grinch’s? Whatever the reason, this man can see me, and I’m willing to bet he’s the only one.
“Why are you in the men’s bathroom?” He looks at me oddly, the color returning to his cheeks finally.
“Why aren’t you washing your hands?!” I counter, not sure of how to answer his question. He just sighs, shaking his head as he lathers up his long time callused fingers, rinsing the lather off with warm water before returning his attention to me.
“Well…I’d like to talk with you…preferably not in the bathroom?” He offers me his smile, something that makes my cold heart spin, and I can only nod in response as he ushers me out the door. I pay careful mind to avoid touching the drummer or allowing him to touch me…I don’t quite know what may be the result, and frankly, I don’t want to know.

Damn this guy can talk. Groaning, I take advantage of the time he spends in practice. I’ll admit, I feel bad pretending to be on my way to the airport to catch my flight back to Wyoming, but it’s a lesser sorrow than that I feel of pretending to be the me that still sleeps in that hospital room.
“Why are you here?” He asks, seriousness in his voice and eyes. I can see his pupils straining to see in the dim lighting. I guess the supply closet was the most secluded place he could find. Sure.
“I just wanted to say thanks…” I sigh, pulling words from the pit of my stomach. His expression twists in confusion. We can’t all be brainiacs. “Okay, sure you may have crossed the road like a complete dumbass would do. And yeah, maybe you could’ve been the one in my shoes, but I was stupid and played the hero that day. And you could’ve just gone home, mission accomplished. You were alive. But the thing is, you didn’t. Shinya, you stayed by my side the whole time. It’s odd, but I knew you were there. I could feel you.” I let the smile creep onto my face, giving away everything, “You were there for me; a complete stranger. You never left my side, not once. So thank you.” I nod as he stares speechless. It was then that the guys came looking for him. I knew this would have to be our last meeting…even though I didn’t want it to be. I was attached to him.
And I still am.
I left then, hiding in the shadows and out of his sight, right under his nose. These shackles are my greatest curse, and yet I wouldn’t want to be without them. I wouldn’t be with him otherwise. A lone tear drips onto my collarbone. I didn’t know ghosts could cry? My heart aches for once, for the man I watch over.
A guardian angel
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment Please? I'd like feedback. Longer chapters? Is it confusing? There's about 2 more to go...