‹ Prequel: My Immortal
Sequel: LifeLine

Here Comes Goodbye

Chapter 8

They were all waiting for a plane to Massachusetts when Zacky came and sat next to Roxy who had calmed down some, “What’s going on?” he said in a small voice, sounding so much like James’ who was staying with Zacky’s parents.

“Where do you want me to start?” Roxy asked taking a deep breath.

“Beginig please,” he said with a tense look on his face as if preparing himself for the worst.

“Joana’s mom died of liver disease so did her uncle. She was prone to get it, when you guys came back into her life she had just found out about it, and was undergoing treatment. Right before you found out about her, she found out that her cancer had spread throughout her body and she was supposed to go for treatment.”

She continued on when Zacky didn’t say anything, “ it was easy for her to lie, she had read books and written books about women who justify the reason they live their children, all she had to do was be a good enough actress. She was, she convinced you, that she never loved you, and that she hated James for cramping her style.”

After a long silence Zacky finally spoke up, “Why didn’t she tell me?”

“The same reason she died 6 years ago,” Roxy looked at the people hugging each other in the airports. Thinking how perfect their lives looked.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he was looking at her now, almost accusing her.

“The same reason I didn’t 6 years ago,” Roxy didn’t say anything else as the woman on the PA called their flight number. They all pilled into the plane. Scattered all over because of the last minute plane tickets, the Berry brothers had decided to come along, since they didn’t do anything without the brothers, the flight was the longest of their lives.

They finally arrived, the Berry brothers went to get hotel rooms for everyone, while the band and the girls went to the hospital. They arrived just before noon, directed to the ICU, they were actually escorted by a security guy. Just in case, since the boys looked grouchy tired and very tattooed.

They reached the door to the room, but just before they walked in someone stopped them. “Ms.Aros, I presume.” A man came up to Roxy.

“Yes,” she said.

“Right this way, Dr.Thomson will want to speak with you before you go inside, after all we have been informed you have not seen Ms.Soiman in a while so it might be a shock,” the man said and they all followed him.

“What does he mean in a while?” Johnny was the first to ask.

“She kicked us out about 3 months ago, telling us never to come back,” Steph said feeling the creeps hospitals always gave her.

“And you listened to her?” Jimmy’s voice rose a little but Lauren placed her hand on his arm.

“Well you know Jo,” Sam said with a little laugh, it was a nervous tick.

They all settled down into a conference room that fitted all of them. “I’m glad you’re here so soon,” there stood a man in front of them with a cane in his hand and wearing jeans.

“What’s going on?” Roxy asked.

“The patient has had a sudden attack we are waiting on this morning results, she is better then last night, yet she is still being kept under observation,” a woman spoke up, it seemed like there was a whole team taking care of her.

“Can we see her?” Zacky spoke up.

“Not all at once, a couple of people at a time, might be the best thing for now, we don’t want to shock her,” the doctor with the cane said and excused himself, he limped out of the room.

“I think me and Steph should go first,” Roxy said, and everyone nodded they all decided to stay in that room, it was closed off just for them and it was easier then having someone recognize them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an update.
To answer a question yes, it's hard to write, but I can't not do it.