The Con

Drew's break-down

The Next Day

No one's POV

Sara woke up at seven o'clock, finding her bed empty. She got up and walked to the kitchen to make some breakfast for her and Drew.

Ten minutes later, Sara was flipping pancakes, while beating eggs in a bowl and frying bacon as Drew came downstairs from taking a shower.

"Morning." she said.

Sara smiled and said, "Good morning to you too."

"Oh I never said it was 'good.'" replied Drew.

"Why? What's wrong?" asked Sara.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." answered Drew, sounding a little pissed off.

"Okay, that's it. Something's wrong with you and you're gonna tell me what it is right now." said Sara strictly.

Drew hadn't looked Sara in the eye since she entered the kitchen. She finally looked up at her and Sara saw tears streaming down Drew's eyes.

Shocked, Sara didn't know what to do. But then she decided the only thing she could do at the moment was give her best friend a hug. So she walked around the counter and took Drew in her arms, letting her cry. As soon as she did this, Drew broke down and the tears she'd been trying to control came flooding out.

"Oh, Drew. I'm sorry I yelled at you. I was just worried because you've been acting so strange. And not just today and yesterday. You've been weird for a couple of days now." Sara said.

"No, Sara. It's not your fault." Drew said, pulling away from her. "I-I have stuff I have to deal with, but I don't know how."

"Well, maybe if you tell me what you're going through, I can help you?" Sara said.

"Mm-mmm. You can't help me with this problem. Not this time." Drew said.

"Try me?"

" . . . Okay . . . You really want to know?"

Sara nodded.