Sequel: Keep You
Status: Complete

My Number One Fan

Chapter 30

“Oh, uh.” Jeff stammered, looking down at me.
“Let’s do it.” I said, nodding.
“You sure?” Jeff asked me. I nodded.
“Absolutely.” I said.
“It’s settled then,” Vince said. “Go get ready. You’re the main event.” Jeff and I walked out of the office and toward the locker rooms. We walked into one, and I quickly averted my eyes. There was someone already in here.
“Hey Mike,” Jeff said, walking up to the guy. The guy, Mike, turned around, but I couldn’t see him. I was staring at the floor.
“This is the men’s locker room isn’t it?” I asked Jeff.
“One of them, but it’s fine. No one’s exposed right now.” Jeff answered, using his finger to lift my chin. When I was able to see something besides the floor, the first thing that caught my eye was the man standing in front of me. He was and older man with sandy blond hair that went past his shoulders.
“Riley!” he shouted, walking up toward me. Jeff quickly got in between us.
“Mike, she still doesn’t remember everything.” Jeff explained. “She’s doing well, but we brought her here to try to get something to trigger in a memory.”
“Right,” Mike said, nodding. There was something about him that seemed familiar, but I couldn’t tell what it was.
“Riley,” Jeff said finally. “This is Michael Hickenbottom, but you used to call him Shawn for whatever reason is beyond me.”
“She felt more comfortable calling me Shawn.” Mike/Shawn said.
“So is it Mike or Shawn?” I asked, looking between the two of them.
“Whichever you want.” Shawn said.
“You look more like a Shawn than a Mike,” I said, looking him up and down.
“I remember when I first met you,” Shawn said suddenly. “You were 16 I think, and it was the first time I heard Mark had a teenaged daughter.”
“I clamped up when I first met you,” I said suddenly, remembering the night as well. “It was Jeff and Matt’s first night as jobbers.”
“Oh yeah, the night your dad told you about sacrifices people make in this company.” Jeff said. I nodded, amazed I remembered it.
“See, she’s not completely lost yet.” Shawn said, smacking Jeff on the arm.
“I never said she was, I’m just saying it’s taking her a while to remember some stuff.” Jeff said in his own defense. The door to the locker room opened just then, and Matt walked in, followed by Mark, my father. He stared at me for a long moment before walking toward his locker. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his arm.
“I’m sorry,” I said simply. He paused a moment before turning to face me.
“Nothing to be sorry about,” he said, wrapping his arms around me. I hugged him back the best I could.
“Something I’m missing?” I heard Shawn’s voice asked.
“Later,” Jeff replied. I could all but hear the smile in his voice.
“Mike, there’s something we need too…” a new voice said. I knew it was someone who expected me to know him, so I turned to face him. He was huge. Not as tall as Dad, but taller than Jeff and more muscular than everyone in the room combined.
“Paul,” Dad said. Paul stared at me for a second.
“She looks as clueless as you during your hell in a cell match with Mark,” Paul said to Shawn. I couldn’t help but laugh. Shawn gave him an evil look.
“She doesn’t remember you!” Shawn said in retaliation.
“So, I knew she probably didn’t.” Paul said. He turned to face me. “I’m Paul, or Triple H around here.” he said. I nodded. He left the room, leaving me to wonder about him.
“So, who are you facing tonight?” I asked Jeff. Dad looked up from his bag, as did Matt.
“No idea yet, McMahon forgot to mention it to me.” Jeff replied. The locker room door opened again, but it was a woman who walked in this time.
“Riley, I know you don’t remember me, I’m Stephanie Lesveque, Vince’s daughter and Paul’s wife.” she said, walking up to me. “Dad just told me you’ll be accompanying Jeff to the ring tonight. If you want some pointers, I’ll be more than happy to help you.”
“Steph, she started out as a manager and she’s not completely without her memory.” Matt said. “She might remember enough to survive tonight.”
“All I do is stand out there and look pretty,” I said. “And cheer him on.”
“Basically.” Jeff said, smiling at me. “Stephanie, there is something you can do for her though.” He said, looking toward Stephanie. “Show here where the girl’s locker room is?”
“Absolutely.” Stephanie said. I followed her out into the hallway. I was to distracted to pay attention to where I was going, so when I ran into someone, it scared me. I looked up, getting ready to apologize when I froze. He looked familiar, but I wasn’t able to tell who he was. He had really short brown hair, with the brightest blue eyes.
“Orton,” Stephanie said. He nodded, and my heart skipped a beat. Orton, Randy Orton. The guy who took my memory from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
uber short I know, but it was too good a cliffhanger to pass up ;) lol