Sequel: Keep You
Status: Complete

My Number One Fan

Chapter 99

The next evening I felt off, but it was probably just from nerves and excitement over what I was about to do. After putting on my dress and jewelry, I quickly put my hair into an updo and applied my make up, which wasn’t a lot. Jeff helped me with my low heeled sandals and I helped him with his tie.
“Ready to go?” he asked.
“You look amazing,” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.
“You, look absolutely stunning.” he said back to me, pressing his lips against mine. He broke the kiss after a minute, realizing that with my out of whack hormones, things could get too heated to fast.
“Let’s get going,” he said, placing a small peck at the tip of my nose. We arrived at the theater the induction ceremony was taking place at, and there were already fans with tickets lining up to get inside. Superstars were there as well, and it surprised me that Shawn was there.
“Riley, what are you doing here?” he asked when he seen me.
“Inducting my father, what else?” I answered. “You here to watch?”
“You didn’t know? I’m getting inducted this year as well.” Shawn replied.
“You are? Congratulations,” I replied, nodding in approval. I felt a tiny pain shoot through my back just then, but I didn’t think anything of it. I had pains in my back constantly now.
“Who else is getting inducted?” Jeff asked.
“Oh, uhm, I have no idea.” Shawn replied honestly. I nodded as a breeze ruffled my hair and hit my bare shoulders.
“Get inside girl, before you freeze,” Jeff said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. We walked into the theater and my jaw dropped. They went full out this year with everything from the stage to the seating. I went backstage to see what was going on back there. As I was looking around I felt the sharp pain return in my back. It was still pretty dull, but it seemed a little sharper than before. I decided to not worry about it for right now. It was still probably nothing, but there was a little nagging in the back of my head that it was something it shouldn’t of been.

There was an hour until I was to be called onstage to induct my father. No one expected me to be here, so I stayed in a room until I would be called out. Jeff was in the audience with Matt, Shannon and Shane, so I was alone. I watched the ceremony from a screen, cheering when Shawn was called out.
“This next person, wasn’t announce,” Vince said after Shawn left the stage. “She wasn’t informed, and she will actually be seen later on tonight. We felt that, in light of everything she’s been through in life, the many ups and downs she’s had to endure, for her to remain loyal to this company for so many years, it deserves something. So we would like to ask Mr. Jeff Hardy to come up to the stage.”
“Riley, follow me,” a roadie said.
“This woman I’ve know literally my entire life. She was a best friend of mine for many years, and it eventually turned into a hell of a lot more. Now, we’re married, we’re expecting our first baby, a little girl, in a week, and she’s the world to me. Now, with that said, sure she’s my best friend, but when I say this, I don’t say it as a husband or friend, but as a fellow performer. There are things Riley Hardy can do in the ring, even men are scared to attempt. She never backed down from a challenge, and she’s going to be facing the biggest challenge in a little less than a week. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my wife, my best friend, and one of the best damn Divas in wrestling history, Riley Michelle Hardy!”
I was escorted out by Shawn, who hugged me with an evil smile.
“You knew!” I accused.
“A little,” he admitted. Jeff hugged me as I reached him, but I secretly tried to kick him for setting me up.
“I’m hurting you tonight. You’re in the other bed.” I said as I was forced into the microphone.
“Well, so I have no idea what to say right now since I seriously one hundred percent, did not know this was happening.” I said after the crowd stopped cheering, which was a while since people kept starting the cheering up over and over again. “I guess I’ll simply say, I’m honored to receive this, I don’t think I deserve it, but that’s just my own thinking. As you can see, what Jeff said was true, we are getting ready to have a baby soon, and this will be very neat to show her in the future.” Kylie must of sensed I was talking about her because she kicked me in the ribs just then, but it was a worse pain than normal.
“Okay, no more talking of her, she doesn’t like it,” I muttered with a laugh, but I knew Jeff noticed the grimace that came with it.
“Uhm, I want to thank my entire family for this, and when I say my family, I don’t mean just my father or husband or aunts and uncles, them. I mean everyone, my friends, my neighbors, everyone. Without them, I wouldn’t be who I am today. But, I really should be thinking my fans as well. Most of you stuck with me through the years, even when I was letting you down. You are the most die hard extreme fans, and you’re just amazing.”
“When I started wrestling, I was a kid trying to keep up with two boys she thought of as her brothers. When we started to get real serious with it, we ended up enlisting my father to help. What started as something small, the TWF, turned into OMEGA, and eventually, WWE and TNA. Sure, I’ve had my fair share of injuries, some worse than others.” I couldn’t help but glance over at Randy, who shifted in his seat as he remembered the chair shot to the head that knocked my memory from me. “But I couldn’t see myself doing anything but what I’ve done now.”
There was a lot more applause and my time was up. Jeff linked our arms together and we walked to the backstage again.
“Jeffrey, you’re dead,” I muttered as soon as we were completely backstage.
“What, it was Vince’s idea to surprise you, not mine.” he replied innocently.
“You went along with it,” I replied as the pain went through my back again. On instinct my hand flew to my lower back, rubbing and actually easing the strain.
“You okay?” Jeff asked, placing his hand on mine.
“Yeah, my back just hurts a little, nothing I can’t handle.” I replied, smiling up at him. He nodded and let his chin rest on the top of my head. We eventually went back to the room I was in before. We watched the rest of ceremony before I had to walk back to the stage.
“Hello again,” I said. “The Lord of Darkness, the Phenom, The American Bad Ass, or Big Evil. Those are just a few of the names, our final Hall of Fame inductee has been known as. There are a few names most people won’t relate to him though. Father, Uncle, Husband, Brother and best friend. Those are the roles I know him the best as. Mark Calaway has been The Undertaker for nearly two decades, and he’s still kicking strong. There’s not a lot you can say about him, but there’s one thing I can say, I’m proud to be his daughter, and I wouldn’t trade him for anything in the world. Ladies and Gentlemen, please allow me the honor and privilege to give you, the newest, biggest name in the WWE Hall of Fame, my father, The Undertaker!”
After hugging me and kissing my cheek, I went backstage and stood next to Jeff, watching him deliver his speech. He had a few things that would have been something the Undertaker would say, but most of it was really him.
He finished and there was an after party. Jeff and I went, but not for to long. I was getting wore out.
The next night at Wrestlemania, right before Dad’s match, the hall of fame inductees were shown, meaning I had to go through that.
“Shawn Michaels!” Howard Fink announced. Shawn stepped forward and waved as a lot of people cheered.
“Riley ‘The Phoenix’ Calaway/Hardy!” was called next. I stood forward and waved as the pain went through my back again. The look Shawn gave me showed me he saw my grimace. They went through everyone else until they got to Dad. By then, Shawn and I were in the back again.
“Are you okay?”
“My back keeps hurting,” I answered him. “It happens all the time so it’s nothing.”
“Keep an eye on that pain Riley. It could be you starting labor as well.” he pointed out.
“Don’t say that, I’m scared to death as it is,” I muttered. “I’ll be fine, don’t worry.”
“I do worry though, that’s the whole thing. You’re like a daughter to me, I want you to be safe.”
“I know, I love you Shawn,” I said, hugging him.
“Just be careful, please.” he said. I nodded as Jeff walked up to us.
“Ready to get to the hotel?” Jeff asked me. I nodded and left with him. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillows, but I didn’t stay asleep long. It wasn’t pain that woke me up, it was restlessness. I didn’t sleep a wink that night, and when morning came around, I knew I would end up falling asleep on the drive home.
“You know you’re starting to scare me a little,” Jeff muttered in the car later that day. We were almost home by that time, so I was relaxing a lot more.
“Just something Shawn said to me last…” I was cut off by another pain, but it wasn’t like any of the other ones. This one lasted at least 30 seconds and it was a lot more sharp than any of them combined.
“Damn that hurt,” I muttered when the pain eased. Shawn’s words rushed through my head again, and I knew what that was right away. “Jeff, I think that was a contraction,” I mumbled to him.
“It was,” Jeff replied. “Oh my God you’re having contractions.” He took deep breathes, trying to keep himself calm.
“It’s happening Jeff, our baby’s coming.” I agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I have to get ready to head to work soon, and I just wanted to give you something for today. One more chapter and I can start posting on Keep You! :D
Thank you, and the last chapter will come soon.