Status: Haitus For Probably A Month--Sorry Guys!

Speechless.

The Triple Dog Dare.

Somehow Amelia saw things clearer as she stepped into the night. Somehow The Maine’s tour bus had brought her the clarity she needed; which was just a slight denial because it had been the guy who paced inside the bus now that had brought her the clarity.
Somehow she navigated, at 3:40 am, to All Time Low’s tour bus. Somehow she was not afraid anymore—or not nearly as much as she had been. John knew the truth, she felt liberated, righteous, angry, defensive. But fear was no longer one of the emotional shackles clinging to Amelia now.

Jack was the first to see her; he was sitting before his Mac taking one too many pictures of himself. He looked up at her unphased,

“Lucy you got some ‘splainin’ to do!” He sang unphased by her sudden reappearance after so many hours of being missing. Amelia knew that Jack had been the least worried about her disappearance. Many games of hide-and-seek had taught Jack that she would only be found when she wanted to be.

“Shut up Jack,” She grumbled. Jack’s mouth clamped shut then hung slack as he stared at her wide eyed. The lanky figure jumped to his feet, spilling his laptop onto the floor. “Holy shit you talk.” She responded by flipping him off.

He made a face at her. “Cute.” He glanced to the back of the bus. “Matty boy is going to kill you.”

Amelia could only snort in response, “I’d like to see him try.” The nightmare and speaking with John had awoken a repressed side of Amelia; the fighter, the survivor, the brave.

Jack’s eyebrows rose at her words as Alex appeared bleary eyed from the back of the bus. His eyes drifted from her to Jack to a half empty can of Corona, and then snapped back to Amelia in realization. His eyes suddenly seemed clearer—and angrier…

“Amelia?” He crossed the room until he was inches from her. “What the fuck is wrong with you?”

“Excuse me?”

Alex stared at her stunned for only a half a beat before he was hounding her again. “You can’t just fucking take off like that. Do you know what the hell you’ve done to Matt, to us?!”

“I didn’t do a goddamn thing to Matt or you.” She growled.

“We thought you ran away again!” Alex shouted and Amelia flinched—then she cursed herself for the action. “I haven’t seen him that distraught since the last time you ran away!” Rian stumbled into the front area of the bus, eyes squinting and walking like a zombie.

“Mia’s back?” He mumbled half awake. “Mia’s back?!” He announced once his mind had processed what he was seeing.

“If my brother is so fucking concerned about my wellbeing, where is he now?” Amelia hissed.

“Actually,” Jack began

“He’s at Lyman’s trying to round up the fucking police for your suicidal ass.”

“Excuse me?” Amelia questioned stunned, “I am not-“

“Don’t give me that fucking bullshit Amelia, not to me.” Alex seethed. “Did you really believe I wouldn’t notice? Me? Or are you forgetting about Logan?” The words cut into her heart but only fueled Amelia’s anger.

“Alex, man,” Rian crossed the bus and placed a hand on the singer’s shoulder. “Go take a walk.”

“I’m fine.” Alex snapped shrugging off the hand.

“Go,” Rian pointed to the bus door sternly. “go cool off.” Alex stared at the drummer incredulously before he brushed past Amelia and slammed the door behind him.

It was silent as Amelia averted her gaze to the floor while Jack busied himself with his Mac once more.

“You’ll have to forgive him,” Rian sighed tiredly, shoving his hands in his pockets. “Its just…You’re not just messing with Matt when you pull this shit. You were like a sister to Alex—to all of us. Losing Logan and you in the same year fucked him up. So when you run away on Matt you’re also running away on Alex. You can’t pull these stints with Alex, he isn’t Matt. He’s not that level headed and he’s not that even tempered anymore. Doing that shit to Alex…he’ll snap, Aim.” Rian explained his childhood nickname for her caused Amelia to glance up at Rian--Rian who held no judgment, no resentment. Always the peace keeper, always the mature one.

“I’m…sorry.” She murmured and Rian cocked his head to the right, a small smile upon his lips.

“I know you are,” He turned to Jack, “Jack knows you are too.” He nodded his head to the bus’ door. “But Alex is the one who needs to hear it. He needs you to tell him you won’t leave him. He’s so afraid of losing you like he lost Logan.”

“I’m not going to kill myself.” Amelia stated evenly. But Rian sighed and shook his head.

“You’re only fooling yourself if you think none of us have seen the scars and the cuts. You can’t do that to Alex. You know how Logan died…you can’t just sit in the bathroom we all share and slit your wrists night after night.” Rian rubbed his eyes tiredly to which Amelia looked away. “It’s no secret that you are in a dark place right now; Logan was too. It’s not a secret you’re cutting; Logan did too. Can you understand now why this is driving Alex crazy? Do you see the similarities here? And you know what? Alex aside, you can’t keep doing this to Matt. He’s trying Aim, he really is. It’s killing him to see you like this. You running off is doing as much damage to Alex if not more to Matt. He’s your brother Amelia. He’s not some secret spy for your parents. He loves you, and if you talk to him he’ll be there for you. If you ask him not to tell anyone he won’t…Why don’t you trust him?”

“I don’t trust anyone.” Amelia whispered remorsefully.

She wanted to, she really did, but she couldn’t stop her mind from screaming at her that they would betray her eventually, hurt her in the end. She had too much experience with traitors and backstabbers.

“Then do something daring and trust Matt, trust Alex, trust me and Jack. Prove yourself wrong. You have nothing to lose after all.” Amelia stared at him for a long time.

“I triple dog dare you.” Amelia jumped, never realizing that Jack had left the couch and now stood to the side of her and Rian. Amelia smiled faintly at her old friend.

“I’m not going to do it, Jack!” She had chocolate curls restrained in pigtails. Her wide ignorant eyes narrowed at the taller boy beside her. He had straight hair, cut short at his ears and his matching oaken eyes were alive with mischief.

“I dare you,” He grinned.

“No,” She crossed her arms stubbornly and shook her head.

“I double dog dare you.”

“You’re just a stupid boy!” She yelled defiantly.

“I triple dog dare you.” The little girls eyes widened at the words then narrowed at the boy. “It’s just one worm. Or are you to scared? Chicken!” He waved his arms and clucked like a chicken. One minute the earthy thing was in his fingers the next it was gone. He stared at his friend wide eyed but she only smiled triumphantly. “Eww!” He cried jumping away from her as though she had cooties.

-------------------------------------------------------------

“I dare you to kiss me.”

“Jack come on,” She rolled her eyes at his immaturity as she hung the headphones around her neck.

They were sitting under the tree in the park, near the playground they’d grown up on. Years had past, Amelia had grown, matured…Jack? He’d grown but he still had the maturity of a twelve year old.

“Why not?” He questioned hurt, pouting slightly.

Amelia shook her head grinning, “Because you’re
you.

“I double dog dare you.”

“Way to be mature, Jack.” She scoffed.

“I’ve never kissed a girl, you’ve never kissed a guy. Wouldn’t you want your first time to be with someone who’s not an asshole jock?”

“Casey is not an asshole!” Amelia snapped back defensively.

“You said it not me, darling. But you’re right, he’s not an asshole…he’s just a girl. I mean his name is Casey--how masculine.” Jack laughed. Amelia turned away angrily and silence fell amongst the two. Jack knew he’d crossed the line but that didn’t deter him any.

“I triple dog dare you.” Amelia spun on heels, glaring at him angrily.

“I hate you Jack Barakat.” She declared.

And then she kissed him.


“Dangerous things happen when you triple dog dare me, Jack.”

“I know,” He grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
This weekend my new story Baby Don't Return To Me will make it debut! Personally, I'm in love with it and the way I wrote it. I hope you like too. Subscribe! I promise you'll love the boy it's about =D

Don't forget, comments are love =]

BTW am I the only one that didn't know John Oh got arrested sometime during the beginning of the month?!