Status: Haitus For Probably A Month--Sorry Guys!

Speechless.

Blast From The Past

“So? What happened?” John existed the bus and was immediately greeted by an impatient Amelia. “I thought you wanted me to meet someone?”

“I do—I did.” Explaining Lietty to anyone who had not known her three years ago was like Grandparents trying to tell their grandkids amazing stories from when they were young and just not having them adequately appreciate it. It wasn’t that people couldn’t adequately appreciate Lietty, it’s just that no one would understand her.

He wasn’t ready to deal with the way Amelia would view her, the way everyone else viewed her, a cold hard spoiled bitch.

“She’s just—“ John glanced back at the inoffensive bus behind him that held a being whom at times could be very offensive. “Private?” The chosen word came off his lips like a question. In many ways Lietty was too open for her own good but with what John had asked of her she was, indeed, very private.

“Private.” Amelia repeated unconvinced.

“She said you can keep Mickey on the tour.” John offered, “That’s all she can do right now, but if you need anything else involving Mickey Lietty is who you want to talk to.”

“She has the authority to tell me I can keep Mickey on the tour?”

John could hear the intrigue in her voice a mile a way. “Yes,” He said slowly. “She does—sort of.”

“And how pray tell am I suppose to go to this illusive Lietty for help if she is apparently oh so private and I have no idea what she looks like?”

“You are,” John began slightly miserably. “Too much like her—This whole tour is going to go to shit.” He grumbled the last bit to himself before he turned behind him and threw open the bus door. Amelia filed in behind him as John reentered the bus.

Lietty was on her feet, annoyance written all over her face.

“Seriously, O’Callaghan?”

“She’s you.” John stated as though it explained everything. “What the hell am I suppose to do? I’m trying to make it so she doesn’t flip this tour upside down like you did.”

“I resent that.” She grumbled. “Besides,” She gave Amelia a once over and smirked. “She couldn’t do it. She’s a flight risk to herself not the tour.”

Amelia’s eyebrows shot up, not sure how to take that bit of information.

“Liett,” John groaned.

Her posture changed then and her lips pursed with acceptance as she gazed at Amelia.

“Amelia Flyzik.” She stated and Mia nodded. Realization flashed across her features as a look of intrigue took over Lietty. “You were at Logan’s funeral.” She stated and Amelia took a step back, suddenly startled.

John glanced back and forth between the two women, suddenly lost in the conversation at hand. Somehow John had gone from being in control of the exchange of words to having every one of them go over his head.

“Um…” Mia trailed off suddenly quite startled. How did this woman know something so personal about her past, about something that happened five years ago. “Excuse me?”

Lietty stepped toward her again, disbelieve oozing from her every pore. “You were at Logan’s funeral.” She stated sharply. “Logan Gaskarth. I saw you. The ghostly little silent girl standing behind everyone else.”

“Gaskarth?” John piped up suddenly equally as startled as Amelia. “As in, Alex Gaskarth.”

“The one and only.” Lietty said her voice tense. Her eyes narrowed on Amelia. “You’re Matt’s kid sister.” She stated it as though John hadn’t previously informed her of the woman’s surname. “I’ve heard about you.”

John didn’t like the way Lietty said that. She said it as though perhaps Lietty, who up until 2 minutes ago had never known Amelia Flyzik, suddenly knew more about her than he did.

“You said you didn’t know her.” John argued.

“I didn’t.” Her voice was sharp. “After Logan died that part of my life became a little bit of a blur, I didn’t acknowledge many things I should have then—her included it would seem. I was a little preoccupied at the time, to distracted to be bothered with the annoyance of Matt Flyzik and his attention whore kid sister. I only knew her via what I’d heard from Jack, Rian, Zack, and Missy.”

“They didn’t know anything.” Amelia spoke up, her voice as sharp as knives.

“No,” Lietty countered. “I suppose Matt didn’t either did he or Logan?”

“Liett—“ But John fell on deaf years.

“You were the last person to see Logan Gaskarth alive!” Her tone begged for Amelia to disagree with her. It was more dangerous than John had ever heard from Lietty and it made him nervous.

Amelia herself suddenly looked as though someone had punched her. She turned sheet white and for a moment John feared she’d pass out. But then she darted for the bus door and disappeared from sight.

“What the fuck!” John yelled angrily.

“You think you know her John but you have no idea.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“She’s keeping secrets. She’s always keeping secrets.” Lietty warned. “And I—I have enough of my own issues to deal with.” She pointed to the bus door. “Keep her away from me.”

And with that Lietty turned away from John, moving to the back of the bus and locking herself in the bathroom.

John blinked, completely baffled with what had just happened. Dazed and confused was an understatement. Groaning he left Lietty’s bus in search of Amelia suddenly feeling a great deal more tired than he had only ten minutes prior.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays my lovelies.

Things are never quite as they seem around Amelia is it? Apparently she left a few things out about her past in Maryland.