Status: Haitus For Probably A Month--Sorry Guys!

Speechless.

Matt's Kid Sister

Amelia sat quietly, unmoving on the couch while she waited for Matt to return. A million thoughts churning into a million worries in her mind. Amelia knew it would only be a matter of time before Matt and the boys were on her case just like her mother, father, and step mother had been. But some part of Amelia thought she could stomach Matt and the boys over her parents. She thought that however, until Jack Barakat burst through the bus door and froze, taking in Amelia’s form. She jumped to her feet staring at him wide eyed.

She looked worst conscious to Jack than she had unconscious. Awake and wide eyed Amelia looked sickly pale, sickly thin, and even he could spot the bruises that adorned her body. What made Jack freeze though was brought on by fear that struck him so hard he gasped and forgot to breath.

“Mia,” He murmured before his feet began to function again and he crossed the space between them. Before Amelia could step backward and away from Jack, he had enveloped her in a hug, resting his chin on her shoulder. “God Mia, what happened to you?” He questioned completely unaware of how stiff she was in his arms, he continued to hug her. “You just disappeared,” age old upset entered his voice in remembrance. “One day you were there and the next you were gone. Your parents and Mary had the whole town looking for you, you know that?” He said as his arms loosened and she stepped out of his grasp, giving Jack a better look at her. “But you talked to them didn’t you?” He accused. “Your parents. You told them where you were and they called off the search. Where was it they said you went…” He murmured more to himself then her, “Oh right. Florida to live with your Aunt. But they lied.” Mild surprised crossed Amelia’s face. “You have no idea how worried Matt was.” He spoke quietly. “he called your Aunt—you weren’t there. Matt knew your parents were in on it so he never openly questioned them.” It was silent for a long moment and Jack expected her to spill everything, apologize and give him answers to questions that had plagued him for years. But Amelia never did. Amelia didn’t speak. “Where were you?” He demanded crossing his arms.

Amelia’s gaze flickered from him to the small window and back to him.

“Leave her alone, Jack.” Amelia and Jack both jumped, neither having heard the bus door open. But there was Matt standing in the front of the bus eyeing the two carefully as he threw a set of keys onto the small table. “She won’t talk to you.”

Only seconds that seemed like minutes, hours, past between the three; none of them speaking but their eyes flickering wildly to each other.

Moments later the door burst open and Alex, Zack, and Rian barreled onto the bus nearly tripping over each other. The trio stood quietly behind Matt staring at Amelia as though at any moment she would disappear. But none of them spoke; they all felt the strained atmosphere around them. But Alex, naturally, was the first to speak up.

“You’re awake,” He noted smiling softly as he nodded to himself. “That’s good.” Amelia’s eyes darted to Alex, staring at him wordlessly. Matt made a noise of aggravation and ventured deeper onto the bus, walking into the back and abandoning Amelia, leaving her with the boys.

“How do you feel?” Rian spoke up as he broke away from the cluster in the entry way as he moved to the table and picked up his forgotten phone. Rian had picked up quickly on Amelia’s state—he didn’t expect her to answer him…which she didn’t.

“Where have you been?” Jack interrogated, unable to let it go. Questions were screaming in his mind and he was unable to contain them all—no matter Matt’s warning. “I mean you totally poofed.”

“Poofed,” Alex agreed with a nod as he ventured to the fridge in search of something taste-bud tingling.

“It’s good to have you back,” Zack commented as he moved past her to the bunk area before producing a pair of small weights.

“Honestly man,” Alex remarked “you make me look like a lazy ass.”

“You are a lazy ass.” Matt told him as he returned from the back area, his cell phone in hand. He approached Amelia and the way his lips pressed together in a thin line made Amelia wary. “Call Mom and Dad.” He ordered but Amelia just glared at him in response—she was 19, he couldn’t tell her what to do anymore.
Matt jiggled the phone impatiently in front of her. “I mean it, Mia.”

But she just shook her head, crossed her arms, and turned away in response.

“Mia, don’t play fucking games with me. I’m honestly not in the mood.” He snapped annoyed. It was extremely hard for a man like Matthew Flyzik to get annoyed or angry. He had the patents of a saint and when managing a band like All Time Low he had to. But Mia was his sister and sisters had a way of bringing out the worst in big brothers.

“Knock, Knock,” A feminine voice chimed from behind the group. All heads turned, including Amelia’s, to the entrance of the bus where Cassadee Pope stood, two stuffed backs in either hand. She raised them both and held them out to Matt. “I come baring gifts…well not really—you paid for it.”

“Oh Matt you shouldn’t have,” Jack mocked, reaching for one of the bags and pulling out a woman’s Glamour Kill’s t-shirt. “You got the wrong size Cass.” Jack pouted.

“It’s not for you dummy.” She laughed snatching the t-shirt from him and tossing it back into one of the plastic bags and handing it to Matt. “It’s for his sister.” She peered around Matt’s shoulder at Amelia who stared at her expressionlessly. “Hi,” She said brightly but Amelia offered little more than a small smile.

“Cassadee this is my little sister Amelia, Amelia this is a good friend of mine—Cassadee.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” Cassadee smiled kindly. The door burst open and Amelia jumped back onto the couch, her eyes slightly wide as she stared at the new stranger. Jack, Rian, Alex, and Zack stared at her with curiosity, Cassadee stared at her with confusion while Matt turned away to face the new person.

“Keith?” He questioned hesitantly. The man looked past him and stared at the band accusingly.

“Strip poker?” The man, Keith, spoke up with slight annoyance. “Do you have any idea what kind of trouble you could have gotten us in?”

“Oh lay off, Keith.” Alex said crossing the small space to the refrigerator and producing a beer. “It’s Warped. Worse has happened. We’ve done worst.” The man scowled at him and turned away before he paused and turned back around once more, his eyes landing on Amelia.

“Alex what did I tell you about bringing fans back here?”

“Hey I resent that!” Alex snapped. “She’s not a fan—I don’t think.” He glanced at Amelia briefly half expecting her to agree or not. “She’s Matt’s kid sister.” He gave Amelia a sideway’s glance, hoping to arouse some kind of reaction from the girl. Way back when Amelia hated being reminded that she was the youngest. She wrestled Alex to the ground once when he suggested she watch the Wiggles concert instead of tagging a long to a New Found Glory concert. But when Amelia remained unchanged Alex silently made it his own personal mission to get Amelia to speak again.

“Matt’s kid sister?” Keith echoed turning his eyes on the tour manager, who threw his arms up defensively. Cassadee’s eyes never left Amelia while the band’s had quickly been adverted to their two managers. Cassadee saw Amelia’s eyes spark at the mention of the boys’ antics of Strip Poker, turn flat when Alex referred to her as ‘kid sister’, and shimmer with an undercurrent of worry for her brother—afraid that this man would reprimand him for her presence.

Cassadee shifted in the small bus space and maneuvered around Matt to sit beside Amelia on the couch, offering her a soft smile. Amelia froze slightly at the close proximity of the stranger but relaxed after a moment when Cassadee gave her an encouraging look. The two girls turned their eyes onto the managers.

“I don’t remember you saying you had a sister.” Amelia adverted her gaze to her hands folded in her lap, she bit her lip self-consciously and Cassadee felt waves of sympathy for her.

“That’s because I didn’t tell you.” Matt’s voice was slightly defensive as he articulated every word sharply. He didn’t want to have this conversation. Not now in front of the guys—in front of his sister.

“Is she staying?” The idea of having to keep another person with the prospect of having an ATL personality wasn’t exactly appealing to Keith. Neither was the fact that she was female.

“Yeah she is.”

“Your sister. Your responsibility.”

“Don’t be a dick, Keith.” Alex snapped. Cassadee wrapped an arm around Amelia’s shoulder. Mia turned to her silently, her eyes silently searching for words of comfort—Cassadee smiled weakly in response. A silent gestured that only someone like Amelia could appreciate.

A body slumped onto the couch on the opposite side of Amelia and her head snapped to the side only to see Jack grinning at her lazily.

“We want you here.” He promised grabbing one of her cold tiny hands and wrapping it in his larger warm ones. “We’re glad your back, Mia.” He said softly as Matt and Keith continued to bicker. “We missed you…more than you know.” He gave her hand a small squeeze and Jack felt something he wasn’t even sure he actually felt.

Jack felt Amelia squeeze his hand.

The only gesture or word conveying action she’d given anyone since her arrival.
And it in that moment Jack Barakat was a little less worried about Amelia Flyzik then he had been five minutes prior.
♠ ♠ ♠
Went and saw All Time Low on the VMA Awards Tour last night. Stood in the middle of a monsoon for seven hours. It poured, I had two inch puddles of water in my converse. I swear I was so soaked that I looked like I had taken a shower with my clothes on. The show was great and did wonders for my writing ;)

Four chapters and seven stars? You guys are multiple levels of amazing, I'm going to go bake each and every one of you a cookie.

Just got 40 comments so as promised here is the next chapter. I'm happy to update this, I felt like I abandoned it for a while there.
Comments-50
Btw The concert was filmed for the VMA's look out for it. It was the Jackson Six Flags one in Jersey. It was insane.