Remembering Sunday

Remembering Is Not Aways A Good Thing

I woke up from my dreams. It was about her again. My alarm clock told me it was 2:00 in the morning, but I didn't care. As I got up from my bed I decided to go pay her visit, I haven't heard from her since Sunday. I struggled to put on my shoes, I haven't been sober for days. I ran out my front door and breathed in the scent of nighttime and rain fell onto my face. It smelled like her perfume. Remembering Sunday, I fell onto my knees.

I watched as Juliet cracked two eggs. "Alex, come on. Eggs are not gross."

"Yes they are!" I argued. "Besides, I want a little more then eggs." I wrapped my arms around her waist. She gave me an slight smile and turned back to the stove. Something was bugging her, and I had to found out what is was. I asked her the most stupidest question anyone can ever ask. "Are you okay?" It doesn't matter what they say whenever you asked this question. They're always gonna lie and say, 'I'm fine' or 'Yeah, why wouldn't I be?'

She looked uneasy and said, "Yeah, yeah I'm fine Alex." She didn't take her eyes off the eggs. "Why wouldn't I be?"

I stared at her wrists. I finally noticed they were covered in bandages. I couldn't confront her about that, at least not yet. I rubbed my eyes and quickly turned back to Juliet. "Juliet-" She wasn't there. I turned around and saw her at the foot of her stairs. Feeling dazed I walked over to where she was and embranced her. She pulled away and pulled my hand leading me upstairs. She let go and gave me a devilish grin. I stood there as she ran upstairs and then I heard a gunshot.


I woke up and realized I was in my own bed with my shoes still on my feet. It was a horrible dream, well more like a nightmare. I grabbed my car keys and made sure I had some pants on before I got in. I was gonna ask her to marry me even though she told me she didn't believe in love.

"How can you not believe in love?" I asked Juliet.

She just shrugged. I shook my head in disbelief. "That's at least the only thing you need to believe in. Love is all you need." She laughed at me for quoting the Beatles.


I was almost at her house. Have you seen this girl? She's been running through my dreams and it's driving me crazy.

"You give me butterflies." I told her.

She giggled at me. "Boys get butterflies?"

I shrugged. "This one does."


My windshield wipers were stuck as I entered her neighborhood. I was careful though even in the small flood that filled her streets. I entered her driveway and got out. I slammed my car door and made my way to the front door. I rang and rang her doorbell. I banged my fist against her window and door. Not caring about the pain I yelled her name and noticed some unfamiliar faces surrounding me.

I decided to play dumb when they seemed to know me. "Alex she's not here."

"Have you seen this girl? She's been running through my dreams." The sun started to rise and the rain was slowing down. "I need to get inside!"

"Alex, remember we told you she moved away." one lady in a pink robe said. The crowd looked a little uneasy.

The rain was soaking through my white shirt and I sat down in the middle of the driveway. The neighbors went back into their houses. It's funny how it rained all day, I didn't think much of it then but it's starting to all make sense.

I got up from the ground and brushed myself off. The clouds seemed to be following me. I needed to find Juliet whereever she may be. I tried to forget her again as the rain washed her outta my hair. "I guess I'll go home now..." I got back inside of my car. "She's home in the clouds. She's finally okay now."
♠ ♠ ♠
JULIET!

I hope it was good! Haha! Constructive criticism? Yes please.
I wrote this very fast because I wrote it the other day but I'm a dumbass and clicked the delete button! So hopefully this is as good as my original.

-Emily