Broken Dolls Asylum

Then Comes Psychosis

"Freddie, love!" She kissed both of my cheeks and smiled at me. I’ve always wondered how such a sunny, Hawaiian girl ended up in Maryland. "I couldn't help but overhear you and your lovely voice last night. What did you need me for?"

"Huh? I... don't think I called out for you." I answered back, thinking fast. ‘Aw shit! The banging...’

"Of course you did sweetie! Last night while you were singing that lovely tune of yours, I could practically hear you call out ‘Morgan, Morgan, Morgan’!" She laughed hysterically, letting my arm go and turning towards the other girls who were just looking around like they really didn't know what was going on. I don't think they did.
"Uh... yeah. I needed you... to... to... tell me your favorite color."

'Favorite color? What the hell was up with me today...'

"Lila. I love the color Lila..." She smiled. "Well I need to go clean myself so ta-ta for now."

"Thanks..." I immediately grabbed the handle of the door and snuck out before any of them could catch me in another small talk.

Tom had told me a few times before that Megan was completely delusional but harmless.

Not only that, but she had one of the biggest cases of ADD, often losing her train of thought within two minutes. If you asked her something strange, she would answer but never ask why. She would simply get on with what she was doing.

It would be funny, if she didn't think of me as her illegitimate child she had with a guy name 'Richard', twenty years ago.

She is two years younger than me.

I walked to the dining hall, but before I could open the door, Tom caught up to me. "Okay so... I have to ask. You're not wearing shoes because..."

"I forgot them in my room."

"Right." He rolled his eyes and extended his left arm which held my white slippers. "Thank you Tom.” He imitated my voice sarcastically, raising his eyebrows.

"Thank you Tom." I smiled and placed them on, thanking the Lord that the last bit sense of fashion was placed in the cute white flats girls got to wear. Boys, on the other hand, got white tennis shoes.

"Seriously, so much for being responsible. I made your bed as well you know?" He paused and looked away.

“Thank you so very much.” I beamed. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing really. Just things are going to be changing a bit here. You’re... well you’re going to get a few more people added here.” He cocked his head. “Don’t you dare tell this to anyone else.”

"Who?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow. We never got guests. Ever. Slaughter was too dead inside to let any hope or love come into the building.

"Oh God. I shouldn't even be telling you this. I swear, each time I talk to you, I fear for my pay check."

"Tell me!!" I whined, stomping my foot. "I'll owe you one."

"You owe me like 20 ones." He commented.

"Shut up."

"Ugh... Fine...”

"I loveth you Thomas." I joked, grinning.

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes and scratched the back of his puffy head. "The S.S. ceiling caved in some dormitories, as well as their cafeteria. So until they fix it, they will be staying with us. Some of you lucky people will be gaining a roommate as well."

“You’re joking.” I muttered, looking down at my feet.

“Nope. All true.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“Are they sane?”

“What...?” He furrowed his eyebrows.

“Serious question. Are they sane to the point of having a normal conversation or are they... Megan sane?” I can live next door to Megan. If I lived in the same room with her, I would die.

“Okay... uh... Well they are normal I guess.” He answered.

“Yes! I knew my luck could change!!” I hollered, raising my arms in victory.

“Okay weirdo... I should probably go and you should go eat.”

“Wait, wait, wait,” I looked at him once again. “You mean... we get to meet them... and socialize... and I get to talk to real people...?”

“Whoa. Ouch.” He placed his hand over his heart.

“I mean I obviously know you!! But these people aren’t... they aren’t completely out of their minds. They can actually keep a conversation going, and you know... answer back. I mean, who the hell cares if they tried to kill themselves? All that matters at the moment is that I’ll finally, finally have someone to talk to that doesn’t work here and abandons me every now and then.”

“Please, go on ahead and slap the bruise!” Tom sniffled.

“Oh come on, you know that you’re my chocolate afro bear in the whole wide world times ten. I’m just too happy to acknowledge that at the moment.” I smirked, pushing back my wet hair. “Do you have a rubber band or something?”

He pointed as his afro. “Rubber bands can’t handle the fro.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Hand it over.”

We just stood there, squinting our eyes at each other.

“Fine...” He took a plastic rubber band out of his front pocket and passed it to me. I smiled and pushed the door open for the cafeteria.

“I’ll give it back later.” I waved my hand at him as he turned on his heel and walked down the hall.

I shrugged my shoulders and took a deep breath in and out. I did this every day, just to make sure my patience can last with these people. I felt sad for them most of the time. But after being with them for so long you get slightly annoyed. It’s like living with many children that just didn’t get it.

I walked over to the back table where I usually sat at by myself, and watched people pass out plates of food to the patients. They usually got to me last, since I wasn’t one to scream out and cry for lack of food. I laid my head on the table and looked at the rubber band on my wrist, one which I was definitely supposed to not have.

This was a “dangerous” object according to Slaughter, and it could be a way to kill ourselves or others. Strangulation maybe? Who knows?

I closed my eyes.

“Those crazy people are their damn child... They are going to ruin our town!”

“Mommy?” I looked up at my mother, who was currently grasping my hand tightly as she just stood there; her head held high, listening to the women speak cruelly of our small family. This wasn’t a new thing.

They turned towards us; their noses stuck up in the air and walked off, not even apologizing for a single word.

“You know,” She kneeled down and looked into my eyes. “When people speak like that about you, laugh. I forgot to laugh, so now mommy is all upset. All you got to do is laugh and every bad feeling you have will fly away.”

“If it was that easy, I wouldn’t be stuck in this shithole now would I, mother?” I muttered, keeping my eyes closed.

“Pardon?”

“Oh sh-,” I raised my head to look at three people who were staring very intensely at me. “Shit...”
♠ ♠ ♠
:3 Here's the 2nd one, just like I said.
I'll post two by two since I'm pretty hooked on writing this story.
So, anyway, sorry if it's a bit slow right now.
It'll pick up the pace in the next ones, cross my heart.

So, for now, you guys just rate/comment/message!!
You can even get silly with it and mix them around.
C/R/M or M/R/C.

High-Fives,
Izzie.