Broken Dolls Asylum

I'll Rip You Apart First

‘What did you do?! What did you do, Erica!?’

‘She was a bitch anyway. Let it go.’

‘She was our grandmother!!’

‘I told you already. Let. It. Go.’


“Ms. Eastwood? Take a seat.” Slaughter repeated, her red high heels clicking on the floor. I walked over towards the chair, moving it as inconspicuously as I could, furthest away from my cousin.

“Freddie is just so good to see you! You look great.” Erica commented, getting a hold of my hand which I quickly pulled away.

“Let’s get to the point. Your cousin came to visit in order to ask you if you would like it if she took custody of you.” Slaughter was straight and to the point.

Everything went silent. I looked over at my cousin, who held onto her smirk.

I smiled. “As great as that offer sounds, I have to say no.”

“But why cousin? Don’t you remember the fun times we used to have playing on grandma’s backyard?” She laughed, sending me a wink.

You diabolic bitch.

“Haha, of course I remember. It’s almost like a curse that I can’t get rid of!” I laughed along with her, raising an eyebrow.

“Then please say yes! I can get you out of this place. We can go live in California like we always dreamt.”

I turned my head towards Slaughter. “Um, excuse me, but can I have a few moments with my cousin?"

“Sure, but only about five minutes.” She stood up and walked out of the room as I turned around and glared at Erica who kept her smile.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing here asking for custody?” I asked in a menacing tone.

“I miss you and our fun days together.”

“Fun?!” I laughed. “You’ve got to be freaking kidding me.”

“Don’t you remember all the good times we had?” She raised an eyebrow as I stood up.

“Oh yeah. I totally remember high-jacking a car. I remember the many times you and your assholes ran off, locking me inside the house that you fucking stole in. I remember you selling me off to one of your customers so you could gain the fucking money to pay for you debt!” I yelled, letting my anger finally explode.

“Oh puh-lease. As if you didn’t ask to be of help. You always followed me around like a puppy dog even after you got yourself in trouble. I didn’t do anything to you, except help you out after your nutty parents killed themselves.” She sneered back.

“Helped me?! You killed off all of my help!!” I could feel the tears burning in my eyes. “You killed... you killed the only help I ever fucking got so don’t you dare tell me you did it all for me.”

“Stop being such a drama queen.” She lied back on the chair, extending her legs and placing them on the desk. She took out a packet of cigarettes from her pocket as well as the rose lighter I stole for her. “Want one? I know how much you used to love these.”

I would’ve grabbed one if I wasn’t so fucking pissed. “Go to hell.”

“I’ll go if you go down with me.” She laughed. “Come on, cous, you know you can’t resist it honey!”

I glared at her. “Hah... fuck you, honey.”

I walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind me. Slaughter was about to walk in as she just turned to me in surprise.

“My answer is no and my cousin sure knows it.” I muttered sourly, walking down the hallway and into my room.

I could see from the corner of my water eyes, Mona, Val, and Ozzie walking towards their own rooms but before they could catch up to me, I slammed the door to my room shut and jumped on my bed. I grabbed my pillow and screamed as loud as I could.

“Freddie?” I heard Val murmur, as I faked being asleep, closing my eyes really tightly and hoping to God she would buy it. “Are you okay?”

“Shush. We’ll talk to her tomorrow.” I heard Ozzie say as the door slammed shut. Valentine’s soft steps walked over to her bed, as I heard it creak a little, while she lied down.

Suddenly, I understood why they had tried to take their lives.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

“Hey... um... Freddie... we’re all already dressed and everything for breakfast.” Val brushed away the hair from my face.

My eyes started watering again. “Tell Tom I don’t feel good.”

“Okay sweetie.” She leaned down and kissed the top of my head. “Just call out if you need anything.”

“Mhm...”

She walked out of the room and shut the door quietly behind her. I slowly started hiccupping, tears coming quickly after.

‘What are we going to do? What if someone finds out?!’ I panicked, crying even harder now.

‘Shut up and let me think! Jeez...’ Erica paused and looked at the body of my grandmother covered in blood then at me. ‘Dan will know what to do. Just stay here so I can go get some help.’

‘Don’t leave me here!’ I yelled out.

‘Don’t worry cous, I would never abandon you.’ She smiled as she quickly ran out of the house, shutting the door behind me.

“Freddie?” I blinked a couple of times and looked towards the door, Tom stepping in. “Hey... uh, Valentine told me you weren’t feeling well.”

I turned to the other side, facing the wall. “I’m fine.”

“What happened yesterday?” He asked, walking over and sitting at the edge of my bed.

“Nothing happened.” I muttered, closing my eyes.

“Come on. We tell each other everything.” He spoke softly.

“Please... please just... just let it go.” I hiccupped at the end, covering my mouth.

“You’re such a pain sometimes.” He hollered, sighing. “Fine. I’ll come back later with some food. Want water for now?”

I turned and looked at him, his green eyes looking at me patiently. “Yes please.”

He smiled a little and shook his head walking out of the room.

I closed my eyes and breathed in and out. “One Mississippi... two Mississippi... three Mississippi... Four Mississippi... five Mississippi...”

‘Seventy-six Mississippi... seventy-seven Mississippi...” I hiccupped in between every few Mississippi’s. Erica left about half an hour ago. This was the second time I counted to one hundred.

I blinked a couple of times as I stared at the door, hoping that she would come in running with some of our friends.

She never did.

“Hey.” I lifted myself from my bed turning to look at Mona’s warm eyes smiling. “We were worried so we ask if we could skip everything and come here.”

Val and Mona sat on Val’s made bed, as Ozzie walked over towards mine, sitting close to me. I passed a hand through my messy hair. I looked like shit most likely.

“So... how’d it go yesterday with the visitor?” Mona asked, her lips curling on the sides.

I hiccupped a small laugh. “I would think that was obvious.”

“I’m sorry...” She muttered, placing her head on Val’s shoulder.

“No...It is my fault... sorry.” I said, smiling a little bit.

Ozzie snickered next to me. “Coward...”

“What?” I snapped my head towards him.

“We’re trying to help you and you can’t even fucking admit you’re in pain. What a coward. At the very least I was honest.” He scoffed, folding his arms over his chest never looking at me.

“Shut the hell up when you don’t know anything.”

“Look who’s talking now.” He raised an eyebrow and turned to me.

“You’re an asshole. Why don’t you drop the high and mighty attitude and focus on your own business.” I glared at him.

“That didn’t stop you when I told you to shut up. Why should it stop me?”

“’Cause I’m not afraid to hit a girl.” I uncovered myself and stood on my bed looking down at him.

He looked up at me. “Nice view. This is why I love girls.”

I blushed and sat down once again. “I don’t even remember changing.”

“You looked uncomfortable so Val and I changed you.” Mona popped into the conversation with a smile.

“Did you tranquilize me or was I really knocked out for the night?” I muttered sourly.

“So anyway, why don’t you just face it and tell us what’s wrong.” Ozzie cocked his head and looked at me straight in the eyes.

“Fine.” I muttered, leaning back on the wall and pushing my hair to the side so I could gently brush out the knots.

“So?” Ozzie asked, turning his head towards me as I leaned my head on his.

“Just... give me a second.”

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder as I shrugged him off. “I said a second not second base.”

“My bad.” He laughed, as for the first time in the morning, I gave a real smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a quick little thing here. :3
This is one of my favorite chapters in the whole bunch.
Just 'cause it made me think a little more than usual while writing it and I got all emotional and crud. :3 Yes... I do care a bit too much for my characters.

If you guys are wondering how Slaughter looks, I imagine her like Wilhemina Slater in Ugly Betty.
For you, non-addicted fans, she's Vanessa Williams. :3

Oh & a picture of Erica is in the summary page. ;D
Yes, I do hate her, but something in me says 'keep writing about her'.

:3 Anywho, I think that's it.
Please, please, please comment/rate/message!!

Lots of Love & Hugs,
Izzie~