Broken Dolls Asylum

I'm A Basket Case After All

“I think you guys are awesome right now.” I grinned as we walked to my room. “But do you really think we can escape this place? The security here is like the national guard.”

“Of course we can.” I laughed at Mona’s optimism.

“How?” I stepped into the room, while they all followed behind. Including Tom who I figured was the one in charge of the operation.

“Well, while you were in there, kicking the ass of that piece of shit, your friends and I talked for a while. They told me all that you told them and I proposed that you didn’t belong here anymore. They were with me in this. It’s actually very simple to get you out of here, but it requires precise timing.” Tom sat next to me.

“Get on with it.”

“S.S.”

“What about S.S.? We’re sitting next to S.S.” I raised an eyebrow.

“No! The actual hall of S.S.! Remember that the ceiling caved in so there is a full view of the sky from there. If you were to, hypothetically speaking of course, climb through one of the holes you would end up being outside. All you would have to do is well... use a rope or something to climb down, and then start running to Texas.”

“Wow...” I muttered, raising an eyebrow. “That isn’t completely crazy.”

“I know! Ain’t it cool?” Tom laughed.

“Now... how would we get over there? You have to walk through the main building then to the back where you would pass all the main offices. If you haven’t noticed there are people around that part at all times.”

“Not at all times.” Val spoke up. “When we got bored or hungry, we ran out of our rooms to the cafeteria. To get there we pass the hallway to the S.S. around three in the morning. This is the time where most of the workers are asleep and only a few guards are out. Since we’re the good kids in the section they usually don’t watch over us but on this section and the other section.”

I think this was the most she has every spoken.

“Okay... but we’re not in S.S. we’re in this section where the guards actually pay attention.”

“Not anymore.” Tom popped in.

“Explain.” I rolled my eyes.

“Slaughter called all of us for a quick meeting. Apparently we just got a few transfers from up state and she wants every guard to be alert and by their door at all times. They’re in the other section, so they have most of the guards over there. On the last place they were, these people caused a huge riot, and once they escaped but got caught later.” Tom answered as I smiled a bit.

“This could actually work.”

“Of course!” Mona giggled, applauding three times. “Clap, clap, clap for us!”

“So when do you think we should do this?” Ozzie spoke up finally.

“Around three in the morning, when everyone is tired and asleep, we can go. This has to be the same day you leave though, just to not arise any suspicion.” Tom answered, patting my back.

“So... you guys are going too?” I grinned.

“Of course we are! We’re tired of this place, plus we think you would get hurt out there by yourself.” Mona answered, winking at me.

“Tom?” I turned to him as he slowly shook his head.

“Sorry kiddo. I’m going to miss you but this time I can’t go.”

“Why not?” I pouted.

“’Cause I need to job hon. I mean, I can easily create an alibi for myself. Everyone here pretty much loves me. They’ll help me out. I’ll see you as soon as I can though. Believe me, chocolate afro bear can’t stay away from his vanilla bear for too long.” He joked giving me a hug.

“Fine... but if I don’t see you in a few days after it happens I’m going to come back here and drag you out myself.” I smiled, hugging him tight.

“We’ll keep in touch. Believe me, when you leave you’ll be set for the real life.”

He left after that with Mona and Ozzie who said their ‘good nights’.

I hoped he was right.

Who knows? Maybe the real world had changed from three months ago. Can it change that fast? I doubted. Val and I went to bed right after that, Val’s soft hums lulling me to sleep. I bet she didn’t know she talked in her sleep nor that she rolled so much that the bed creaked.

Would this be any different out there?

Maybe the real world was ready for me. But I, for sure wasn’t ready for it.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

There are a few caretakers who are good, Tom included in the bunch. Then there was Lily, Heidi, Stephen, Joe, Nicky, and Ralph. They let you have an extra cookie, take a long shower, and even let you out on the patio on class hours.

Then there were the real mean and strict ones: Eunice, Tanya, Henry, Ivan, Vanessa, Ulysses, Paul, and Lyle. Thankfully, they only came to our section every once in a while since most of their dedication went to the severe cases.

Finally, the mediocre ones, who worked in my section: Annie, Melvin, Kristi, Leo, Will, Vicky, and Rhonda. They were cool in personality but when it came to their jobs? Not so much. The best part about them though? They were the ones in charge of the midnight session, which included working from midnight to eight in the morning. Most of the times, they weren’t even aware they were supposed to be working. This was exactly, what we needed for Saturday.

† † † † †

“As far as everyone knows, Will is the slut of the caretakers.” I smiled, looking at him from the corner of my eyes as we all stood in a circle in the cafeteria.

Thanks to Morgan and her amazing gossiping talent, everyone knew that Will had banged her, three other girls, plus two caretakers. Oh, and one guy.

“How does this help?” Ozzie asked, raising an eyebrow.

“He is the only one that actually pays some kind of attention to his work. He may be a bit of a whore, but he has eagle eyes. Luring information out of him is a piece of cake.” I answered, wiggling my eyebrows at the girls.

“What does he know that we can’t find out from Tom?” Ozzie enquired.

“He knows just how many guards are on duty, when everyone has their short break, and how many people are in the main building at what specific time.”

“Wow...” Mona smiled at me. “So who’s going to do it?”

“I will if you guys want. I mean unless Ozzie offers. Will has been checking your fine ass since you got here.” I laughed as Ozzie glared at me. “I ain’t joking.”

“No thank you.” He muttered sourly, lying back on the window.

“Okay then.” I turned towards Will who was now looking over at me, a playful smile in his lips. “Watch and learn girlies.”

I bit my bottom lip, smiled, and looked down a couple of times sexily, at the bottom of his pants which for him looked like... well you can probably guess. He leaned back on the wall, and watched me smile. I took a piece of napkin and a pen I had stolen from Tom a couple of weeks ago, and wrote ‘The closet. Tonight. See you there.’ with a small heart at the right corner then folded it into a small square.

“Come on let’s take the conversation to class. The bells about to ring.” I winked back at them, as Ozzie shook his head while Mona giggled.

I passed right where Will was, placing the note discretely on his hand, while turning from the corner of my eye to smile at him deviously.

“Clap, clap, clap,” Mona chirped as she clapped. “Clap, clap, clap, Freddie is amazing!”

I hugged her. “God you’re so cute. All we have to do is wait for tonight.”

“Huh... now I see why your cousin wants to prostitute you so much. You’re so good at it.” Ozzie muttered as I turned to him.

“Aw, don’t be jealous Ozzie.” I scoffed.

“How can I get jealous of a hooker and his job?”

I slapped him hard. “Fuck you.” I walked away, cursing the day I met him.

“Too late for that you’re already doing that with Will!” He yelled at me, holding onto his cheek.

“Go to hell!” I yelled back, entering the classroom, and sitting on the far end corner where no seats were available. I realized that, for the first time in months, I really hated someone with all my guts.
♠ ♠ ♠
*gasps in horror*
I'm so sorry I've been delaying the updates!! >.<
It's a total my bad.
Tomorrow I go back to school *people boo* I know, and I've been killing myself with school work.
Today I gotta finish a whole book for a test tomorrow.
My school sucks.
Buuuut, as far as it goes, I'm still posting two chapters today. :3
So be on the look-out.
& don't you guys forget to comment/rate/message!!! ;D You know I loveth them.
Oh and thanks to EVERYONE who reads & subscribes and stuff.
TT-TT My eyes get watery each time I see how many people read.

Love,
Izzie-kins.