Here We Go Again

x005.

"Nate!" I whined, following after him as the class ended.

"What?" He mocked.

"My stomach's growling for love!" I sang stupidly. "Well, no. Just food."

"You're ridiculous, you do know that, don't you?"

"Of course I know that. If I didn't, I would be in denial." I had a small bounce in my step. He noticed.

"What's got you so hyped up?"

"I have no idea." I replied, shrugging.

"So." He smirked. "What's it like being Nate Black's dance partner?"

"Tiresome. Boring." I said.

"Funny."

"Who was joking?" He rolled his eyes.

"Hey." He said after a moment.

"Hey, what?"

"Let's go swimming." He tugged my arm, dragging me toward the dock / steps that led into the water. (A/N: See background!)

"No way." I pulled away.

"Why not?"

"I'm not swimming with you. You'd probably try to drown me!" I said. "And I don't have my bathing suit."

"You don't even need a bathing suit."

"Are you suggesting I skinny dip?"

"No, but that would be a nice thing to be a part of."

"Ugh. You're disgusting."

****

"Whoo. Dinner." I sat down, digging in already.

"And you call yourself a lady." Nate said, deserving a hard look from Shane.

"I am a lady. Just not a classy one." I retorted.

"So." Caitlyn said, smirking. "I've heard some rumors about you two." She pointed between me and Nate, who was sitting across from me.

"What rumors?" Shane asked before I could. I stopped eating to listen.

"That they're, supposedly, dating. I didn't think it was true, though."

"Why the hell would anyone say that?"

"They were getting pretty cozy in couples dance class, apparently." I blushed, looking away. Nate dropped his gaze to the table.

"Cozy how?" Shane asked, getting no answer. "Chris?"

"We were just dancing." I mumbled. "We were the only ones who knew how to do the Salsa." I shrugged, pushing my carrots around on my plate. Shane frowned.

"Look." He started. "If you wanna date, that's cool. Just don't be all disgusting cute about it. It's my cousin. And I will kick your damn ass, Nate, if you hurt her."

"We're not dating!" Me and Nate said together. He huffed, unbelieving.

"Really, Shane. We're not." He didn't say anything. I frowned, turning to Jason, who was next to me. He blinked, confused. "Would I do this if I were dating Nate?" And so I kissed Jason smack on the mouth right then and there.

***

"I can't believe you!" Shane growled, dragging me behind him. "That was completely uncalled for!"

"I'm sorry! But you weren't believing me!"

"You could of done something else! Anything else!" We reached my cabin. "Get your stuff. You're switching with Nate."

"Excuse me? You can't-"

"Too damn bad. Get your stuff." He snapped. Great. I grabbed my suitcases, putting all my stuff back in them slowly. It must of annoyed him, because he came in and helped me after a few minutes. He carried them out, me following him. We reached his cabin - or I guess, our cabin, and went inside. Nate's stuff was already gone. I frowned as he dropped my suitcases on the bed.

"This isn't fair." He shrugged.

"You shouldn't have kissed Jason."

"There was nothing else I could do! You are so thick headed!" He rolled his eyes.

"Get settled in, will you?" He breezed past me, walking out. Ugh. I think he's really mad at me.

Well, duh. My inner voice said.

Shut up, I wasn't talking to you.

Then who, exactly, were you talking to?

Myself.

Which would be me.

Shut up.

I sighed, yet again unpacking everything. This is completely ridiculous. I fluffed my pillow angrily as the door opened again. I assumed it was Shane and didn't look.

"Chris?" I looked up.

"Nate? What do you want?" I asked, frowning.

"I don't know." He said. I made a face.

"Okay.." He was standing in front of me. "Can you stop looking at me like that? It's freaking me out." He didn't even blink.

"I should kiss you right now."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, shocked. "Kiss me?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "You can't kiss Jason and expect me to be okay with it."

"Why wouldn't you be okay with it?"

"Cause I love you." He said plainly.

"What?"

Oh shit, he went there.

So not the right time, inner voice.

Can you blame me? Okay, why aren't you kissing him, again?

That's disgusting. It's Nate.

Oh, please. You've had the hots for him for years.

Whatever.

I'm in your head, stupid. I know what you think.

I stared, gaping, blinking repeatedly. "You want to kiss me? Because I kissed Jason? Because you were jealous and you love me?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"Bullshit." I snorted. "You hate me."

"Nope." He stepped closer.

"Nate-"

"Don't tell Shane." He whispered in my ear. I shivered. "I'm gonna kiss you now, okay?"

"Uh..." Not okay! Not okay!

Yes, it is.

Leave me alone, voice.

Where the hell do you expect me to go?

His lips brushed against mine. I froze. Oh my God, he's really gonna kiss me.

No shit, Sherlock.
♠ ♠ ♠
didn't see that coming, did you? xD