Here We Go Again

x006.

His eyelids drooped and his lips came closer. I realized what was actually happening and pushed him back with the little strength I could muster. He stumbled, staring in surprise. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I jabbed him in the chest. "How dare you try and kiss me!" He blinked.

"I, uh.." He straightened. "You really thought I was gonna kiss you? Ha!" He snorted. "I'd never kiss you!"

"Good!" I yelled as he walked to the door. "I'd never kiss you either!" The door slammed as he left.

Liar, liar, pants on fire. The voice taunted. I groaned, flopping onto the bed, which was now mine. I frowned immediately; the pillow smelled like Nate.

Fantastic.

***

My fingers drummed against the railing of the porch at the back of the cabin. It was facing loads of trees. I stared into them, sighing. Nate had said he'd never kiss me. But he didn't take back the him loving me mumbo jumbo. I didn't know what to think.

"Chris?" A voice said. I turned.

"Hey, Shane."

"Something wrong?" He stood beside me.

"No." I shook my head. "I'm fine."

"You don't look fine." He said. "You can talk to me, Chris. I won't tell anyone."

"It's nothing. I'm fine." I persisted.

"If you're mad, I'm sorry. I just don't want you getting involved with Nate or Jason. You'll only get hurt." I turned my head, staring.

"How do you know?"

"We travel. We're never around. I know you. Phone calls won't be enough." He wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "I just want you to be happy." I leaned against him, my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks." I whispered. "Love you, Shane."

"Love you, too, Chris."
♠ ♠ ♠
short.
BUT AN UPDATE NONE THE LESS.

whee. :D