Tireless Persistence of Taste

Queen of pain

“Why won’t you do it?” she asked the dark silhouette standing in front of her. Her head was resting on her knees, but her eyes were restless. She wanted to be with him, even if it meant to be turned into something monstrous.

“Because,” he answered, sitting away from her. Her smell was intoxicating, she looked so delightful, and he wanted her. “Because I killed too many before, and I’m afraid that I won’t be able to stop myself on time.”

“Nonsense,” she whispered closing her eyes.

He did not understand why she wanted this. This was no life. Everything he loved, everybody who loved him disappeared, left him behind. He was doomed to spend an eternity alone. Cursed to feed on human blood, hide from the Sun light.

“Please,” she pleaded looking up to him.

His eyes were red, his face pale, his full lips pursed together, showing his fangs a little. He was thinking about it. He wanted it so bad. No one should be accursed to live this life alone. He was so tempted to bite her. To turn her. Make her like him. To doom her and make her death slow, painful, miserable. But the other side of him, the other side that was a representative of his remain human deep inside did not want to do it. He did not want to kill her.

“No,” he roared when she approached him. Too close. She was too close to him. Her pulse was raging; her breathing was short and irregular. His mind was screaming to bite her, to stop both of their agonies. To stop the pain.

“Please,” she placed her hands on the both sides of his face. His skin was cold; he did not have a heartbeat. She pressed her warm lips to his, wrapping her arms around his neck.

He kissed back hungrily as she, pulling her body closer to his, feeling her warmth. He lowered his lips to her neck, leaving small kisses all over.

“Please,” she whispered almost inaudible, but loud enough for him to hear.

He licked her skin, sucking on the flesh. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, preparing herself for the sudden pain. She tried to scream, she opened her mouth to scream, but no sound came across her lips. His fangs penetrated the sensitive skin, making the blood spill down her body. He drank slowly, savoring her taste. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, the lack of blood was making her weak.

She opened her eyes abruptly, her mind screaming that it was all just a bad fucking idea. She tried to push him away from her. But he was stronger that her, he had a firm grip on her. Tears filled her eyes. She was dying, she wanted to die, and she wanted to be with him.

However, in the back of her mind, something was telling her that this was not going to stop. This was not what she wanted.

Despite her struggling against him, he continued to drink the precious liquid. He knew he was going to kill her. He knew that he was unable to stop him, and yet he was doing it.

Why?

He was selfish. He did not want to be alone.

He removed his head from her body, taking in a deep breath. Her body was resting lifeless in his arms. He realized that he did not stop in time. He killed her. And once again, he was alone.

He picked her motionless body and took her to the one place that he felt safe. He placed her in his grave, kneeling above her. Just on time, almost like planed, the rain started falling down, mixing with his tears.

“I’m so sorry,” he kept repeating to the dead corpse in front of him. It was too late; he knew that there was nothing left for him to do, to make her alive again.

He looked at the night sky crying. He screamed his lungs out.

But there seem to be no one to hear him.

He was all alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always appreciated