Sing Me a Lullaby

"You play bass?"

Sara's P.O.V.

About A Week Later...

Bam calls me all the time. He always wants to hang out. Most of the time, I'm busy at the store, so I've decided to hire someone to help me. I'm going to hire one of my friends, Makayla. She'll be a great help, I know. She is as passionate about music as I am, so I know she'll do a good job. Today, I have to day off, so I'm going to do something with Bam. As luck would have it, he called me.

"Hey," I spoke into the phone.

"Yo, you wanna go do something today?" he asked.

"Yea, sure. What do you wanna do?" I agreed.

"Hmm, I wasn't thinking you'd say yes. I guess we could go get tattoos?" he suggested.

"Alright, then, let's do it!" I said excitedly.

"Cool, I'll pick you up in ten minuites," he said and hung up.

I looked at what I was wearing, sweat pants and a baggy t-shirt. My hair was in a messy ponytail and my bangs pulled back with a headband. I wasn't wearing make up, and my teeth could do with a good brushing. I didn't change or redo my hair, but I did follow through with an average hygine routine. I felt a lot better after I was cleaner and had killed about 7 minuites. I spent the next few watching tv, waiting for Bam's purple lambroghini to pull up in my driveway. When it did, I went to the door, expecting him to stay outside and wait for me, but he surprised me by coming to the door.

"You ready?" he asked with an eyebrow perched slightly.

"Of course. I do look fantastic don't I?" I teased.

"Not really, no. To be honest, you look like you've just woken up," he played around.

"Oh, ha ha. Just take me to get a tattoo," I rushed him out the door.

He surrendered and soon we were in his car, listening to HIM. We both sang along quietly.

"Sing louder," I demanded. He obeyed and sang louder. I realized that he had a lovely singing voice. Nothing like I would have imagined from him.

"Why did you want me to sing louder?" he wondered.

I shrugged, "I just like to hear people sing. You're pretty good."

He laughed at my compliment, "Sure I am."

"No, really. With a little practice, you'd be really good," I assured him.

"Nah. I'd like to hear you sing," he elbowed me lightly.

"Okay," I shrugged and began to sing loudly.

"You're pretty good yourself," he commented.

"Psh, I do not sing. I play bass and run a music shop, singing's not my thing," I said.

"You play bass?" he asked.

"Yea, I used to be in a band. But, that dream is long gone," I sighed unhappily.

"Why? Why can't you be in another band? A better one?" he interrogated.

"Because, no one would want to be in a band with an ugly old bass player who runs a music shop," I explained.

"I would be in a band with you. I don't have very much musical talent, but I'd learn. Just for you," he comforted me.

"That's sweet, Bam, but don't get your hopes up. It's hard to find a good drummer these days. And you can't have a proper band without a drummer," I patted his arm.

"I'll be your drummer. All you have to do is keep a beat, right? Easy peasy!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taking so long. I have very severe writer's block. And I don't ever have time to update. But I updated today because I'm sick and bored. I've been reading all day, and now I'd like to wirte a little bit. I'm not sure when my next update will be, but I'll try not to make it longer than a week or two away. Comment, please. They do help me write faster, I promise.

:)