Sequel: Cut and Run
Status: Finished. Sequel is Posted!

Running From Reality

What's She Hiding?

What’s She Hiding?

Justin’s Point of View

“I wanted to call you, I really did, but I knew it would just anger our parents more,” I pleaded with her, looking right into her eyes. All I got in return was a cold look filled with anger. “You know nothing of what angers our parents. Part of me hates you, for leaving me with that mother fucking asswipe that is a sick and twisted man I am forced to call Daddy.”

And with that, she stormed out, or, as close as she could come to storming out with a limp. “Fuck,” I muttered, rubbing my temple. My sister fucking hates me. I mean, yeah, sure, I wasn’t there for her for seven years or so, but I’m here now! I don’t see why she’s making such a big deal out of it. All I want is to be a part of her life again.

The girl, Winifred, came into the room first, her brother right behind her, shaking her head. “You shouldn’t have let her go on her rant like that. I mean, yeah, it was good for her to yell at you, but it won’t help her open up to you,” she said as she collapsed on a chair. “I don’t get why she’s so pissed, though. I mean, sure, I wasn’t there for seven years, but I didn’t want to piss of our parents even more and I’m here now! All I want is to be a part of her life again,” I said, only to receive a glare from Alex.

“You don’t get it. You don’t know what she’s had to go through since you left. Andi’s not the same meek little girl she was all those years ago.” I looked at Alex, not understanding. Instead of answering, he shook his head. “Neither of us is going to tell you. Andi needs to tell you this herself, and in her own time. It’s her secret to tell, not ours,” Freddy says, looking at the door where Andrea had stormed out minutes before.

“I hope she isn’t running. It’ll hurt her ankle and make it worse….and then she’ll have issues,” Freddy commented quietly to her brother. I raised an eyebrow, only to have her give me a look, clearly reminding me Andi was going to have to tell me. I sighed, and stood up. “I’m going now. No reason for me to stick around at the moment. Call me when you hear from Andi, can you?” I asked, concern in my voice. They nodded, and talked in hushed voices about what I’m guessing happened to Andi since I left as I exited the house.

Walking slowly around a town I hadn’t been in for years, I saw how things changed. That section of trees was gone, in their place was pavement; new jungle gym at the elementary school; that gas station added more pumps; the Yelts’s old house was finally torn down, it had been empty for decades. Soon I was in my old neighborhood. What had cause Andi to hate me so much? What was the secret that she had to tell me herself?

Abuse? No, our parents, as strict as they were, would never lay a hand on her. She was their precious only child, since I was out of the picture. So, what else could it be?

Maybe…she couldn’t have tried to kill herself, right? No, not Andi. Andi would never, ever give up like that. She was a fighter. That just wasn’t her.

Andi mentioned Dad, didn’t she? What could he have done? Cheated on Mom? No, infidelity was one of the things he preached against when we were younger, on how it was a terrible thing. So, that wasn’t it.

Was it…maybe he watched a porno and Andi walked in? Or he made one with Mom?

Okay, so that’s not bad enough for Andi to get as pissed as she is, but I’m stuck for ideas.

What’s her secret?
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! I missed you guys.

This is the second version of this chapter.

Version one wasn't going in the direction we wanted. So i rewrote it.

My amazing cowriter would like me to tell you that she is so sorry that this isn't her update. Autumn should be posting the next chapter this weekend. And she would like me to tell you that she loves you, still. [[Autumn Here! I do love you guys very veryyyy much, so dont think I dont appreciate y'all. Seeing new comments and subscribers make my day! (: But I've just started my second junior year, have half a job, am in FCCLA, and I've got homework like crazy. Not to mention the fact that my laptop internet is available at mi madres. Mi padres (my house) does not give me easy access to post things from my laptop. BUT! I will get my chapter posted this weekend! I PROMISE! wow...this is long. TELL JAYC YOU LOVE HER AND HER AMAZING CHAPTER WHICH WE BRAINSTORMED TOGETHER WOO!!! I love you.]]

Comments show us you love us!

--Jaycie