Sequel: Cut and Run
Status: Finished. Sequel is Posted!

Running From Reality

And Now I Cry in the Middle of the Night for the Same Damn Thing

And Now I Cry in the Middle of the Night for the Same Damn Thing
Post Song;; Because of You by Kelly Clarkson

Alex set my duffle on the floor as soon as he swung the door open. Then he carried me swiftly, and carefully to the couch. He set me down, back against the arm. He folded a pillow and lifted my foot gently to set on top of the pillow. “Ice.” He breathed, and disappeared to the kitchen.
He came back and set it against my ankle, I winced. He sat on the edge of the couch next to me. I leaned back into a pillow.
“You’re mad.” I mumbled, numb with pain.
“Never at you.”
He was mad at my father. Typical Alex behavior. Only made me love him that much more.
“Then what is it.” It was more a statement then a question.
“I’m disappointed.”
“In me.”
“Maybe disappointed isn’t the correct word.” He ran a hand through his hair. “Perhaps…perhaps I should explain it differently. I’m upset that you didn’t tell someone before this happened.”
“I’m sorry.”
“No.” He said with such force I flinched back before wincing again. He took my hand softly. “Never be sorry for something that isn’t your fault.”
“But it is. I should have told.”
“No.” he repeated. “Just tell now.”
“But…I can’t.”
“Yes. You can. And you will.”
“But he’ll go to jail. My mother will be mad. She’ll kick me out. I’m eighteen. She can do that!” I was getting worked up, and he brought a hand up to my face, thumb removing tears that had started to fall. My breathing was coming hard. He pulled me against his chest.
“Sh. Calm down baby. You need to breathe carefully or you’ll hurt yourself more.”
I took a stuttering breath. “Alex, I just. I can’t tell anyone. Not yet.”
He pulled me away from his warmth. “Andi. The time has passed when I let you decide. I’m here to protect and love you. The protecting part means keeping your father from doing this ever again.”
“She’ll kick me out!” I protested again.
“You’re living with me and Fred for now, and you can live with us then. But you will tell somebody.”
My head was spinning. I couldn’t think about this now. Just say yes Andi. Tell somebody. Alex knows what he’s doing. He loves you. You feel safer with him anyway. Just say yes. Make him happy. Agree. Now.
“Okay.” I sighed. “You win.”
“No.” He said again, a smile forming. “We both win.”
And he pulled me into his safe and warm embrace once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY CHAPTER! (;
Jayce's last one over memories left me able to do this chapter,which i was really excited about.
We've got some good stuff coming at you.
Are you ready for amazingness?

Go listen;;
I Just Want To Love You by The Strange Familiar
Most likely my next post song.

Much Love,
Liza.