Sequel: Cut and Run
Status: Finished. Sequel is Posted!

Running From Reality

If Actions Spoke Louder Than Words, You'd Have Made Me Deaf By Now

I sighed, feeling the anger for my father both Freddy and Alex were trying to hide. “Who should she tell?” Freddy asked her brother, as if I wasn’t in the room

“Social workers,” he said automatically. What he wanted first was to make sure nothing would happen that would cause me to go back. “No way in Hell! They’ll put her in a group home or something! They’ll take her away from us!”

“Then who do you suggest?” Alex asked, aggravated. “Justin, for starters! If she can’t stay with us, she needs family that she can go with,” Freddy said, daring Alex to disagree with her.

“No,” he stated. “Why not?” she replied, her tone heated. “Because he hasn’t been there for her in years! He lost the right to call her his family!”

Rolling my eyes, I let the two continue to argue as I tried to focus on anything but the pain in my leg. After a few minutes of failing at that, I found myself getting a headache due to Alex and Freddy’s bickering.

“Shut up already!” I growled. “It’s my life; I will tell whoever the fuck I want to!”

That caught both of their attention rather quickly, causing the two to both fall into a silence. “Thank you,” I said, my voice calm. “Now, would either of you mind getting me some more ice? My ankle seems to be throbbing with some unexplainable intense pain.”

They both gave me an identical sheepish grin before Alex went to get the ice, and Freddy sat on the ground, her back against the couch. We sat in silence until the door of the house was heard opening, and Mr. and Mrs. Finch soon walked into the room.

“Andi, dear, what happened to you? And why aren’t you at the hospital? That looks broken!” Mrs. Finch exclaimed, gently examining my ankle. Mr. Finch nodded his agreement, the same concerned look that I saw on Alex and Freddy most days gracing both their faces.

I took a deep breath, knowing I needed to tell them. Knowing I had no choice but to tell them, if I didn’t want to go back home. I felt both my hands being taken, one by Freddy and one by Alex, who had moved me so I was leaning against him. Having the two people I care the most about in the world by my side calemed me. It calmed me enough that I was able to go into my story, sparing them the gruesome details.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, yes, but blame school.

The charter school gives a crap loud of homework.XP But it's worth it.

Comments show love!

And I would like to remind all of out faithful commenters that I love them, hugs all around!

--Jaycie