Sequel: Cut and Run
Status: Finished. Sequel is Posted!

Running From Reality

Take the Blame, Off Your Back, Its Burden You Don't Own.

After I told his parents about what had been going on at my house, Alex helped my up to his room. He pulled me down on the bed and I curled up next to him, pressing myself tight against him, as if it could erase the longest day of my life.
I held his warmth against me and he kissed me head. We lay in silence until the cell phone he'd bought me went off, playing The Beautiful Letdown by Switchfoot.

It was the beautiful letdown, I crashed and burned.

He handed me my phone. It was a private number. Without thinking, I answered it. "Hello?"
"Andrea! Get your fucking ass home now!" The man I used to call father screamed.
I hung up and handed the phone back to Alex. "Wrong number."
Not even a minute later, it rang again. Alex answered. I could hear my father as he yelled.
"Put my fucking daughter on the phone!"
"Not happening."
"Give her the damn phone boy!"
"You dont tell me what to do, and you will never again tell Andi what to do. So give up before you get deeper into the trouble youve caused for yourself!"
Silently, I held out my hand for the screaming and cursing phone. He put it in my palm. Wordlessly, I slid the back off, and took the battery out. I set pieces on the side table and pressed myself against Alex again.
"I love you." I breathed.
"I love you so much more than you will ever understand..."
♠ ♠ ♠
There's not even a scrolly thing on the typey place. Thats how short this is! Its a filler. Sorry! We're stuck for the moment!
I have a big dent in my car. Stupid lady hit me!

Much Love,
Liza.