Sequel: Cut and Run
Status: Finished. Sequel is Posted!

Running From Reality

Clouds Of Time Seem To Rain On Innocence Left Behind

Justin’s Point of View

Blame was lying as my shoulders as I sat on the bed in my small and neat motel room. Andi had been abused—physically, and emotionally. Possibly even suffered sexual abuse, and it was my fault.

If I hadn’t come out, if I had just severed all contact after I turned eighteen, or just lived a lie, she’s have most likely never had to deal with it. I should have known right off the back that it was abuse; our parents, the twisted people they are, had never been overflowing with love.

But, they had never given the slightest hint that they were capable of such horrible things.
I heard my phone go off, and I answered it, my voice tired and sorrowful.

“What’s wrong Justin? Things not go well with Andi?” Aiden asked, concern in his tone. Sighing, I shook my head though he couldn’t see me. “In a way they did. But, it wasn’t in a good way. Aiden, the couple I once called my parents abused her, verbally and physically, and I’m guessing even sexually. I found that out today. And it’s all my fault that this has happened to her."

By this point, I was crying. Flat out bawling, in all honesty.

“Shh, Love, don’t cry. It’s not your fault,” he told me, trying to comfort me. “But it is,” I choked out. “They wouldn’t have done anything had I not come out and disgraced them. Andi could have had a happy life if it wasn’t for me, but because I’m a fuck up, she’s had to suffer.”

“Justin, you are not a fuck up! You’re parents are twisted freaks, and they would have found an excuse eventually, and you were just the easiest. In no way whatsoever is it your fault she was abused!” Aiden stated, his voice soft as he put emphasis at the end of his sentence. “But I could have stopped it, all the same, Aiden, if I had been there. But I wasn’t! I wasn’t there for my sister when she fucking needed me, and now she hates me and I think she has every right to!”

“Listen,” Aiden began, his voice firm. “You might not have been there before, but you can be there now. You can get her out of that home, and into someplace better.”

“How?” I asked, my voice still sounding choked because I had yet to stop crying. “My sister, the one in Ohio? She’s a lawyer? I’m going to give you her number, so you can call her. Explain to her what’s going on, and she’ll help.”

“And you’re completely okay with Andi living with us?” I asked, already knowing the answer. “I’m more than okay with that, Justin. I know how much you love your sister, and from what you’ve told me of her, she sounds like a sweet girl. As a human, she deserves a good life, and since she’s your sister, I will do everything I can to make it better for her.”

I smiled, and my tears lessened. “Thanks, Aiden. I love you,” I told him, and I could tell his normal half smile was on his face as he said, “I love you too, forever and always. I’m going to text you my sister’s number, okay?”

I muttered a quiet response, and we hung up. Seconds later, I got the text message with Scarlett’s number. Quickly, I keyed it into my phone and pressed the green button. “Welcome to the phone of Scarlett, how may I take your order?” she asked when she picked up her phone. By the greeting, I was guessing this was her cell number. “Hey, Scarlett, it’s Justin, Aiden’s boyfriend?” I told her.

“Hey Justin, what’s up?” Scarlett asked, her voice cheerful. “I need your help,” I told her, and explained to her what was going on. When I finished, there was silence on the other end. “Justin,” she said, her voice reminding me of Aiden at that moment. “I will do everything I can and then some to get her out of that hellhole. I swear it on my life. I’m flying down there on the first flight I can get.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, sorry about the long wait between Liza's update and mine!XO But I didn't know she updated until someone commented. Nice, Liza, thanks for telling me. So now, I'm going to glare at you.XD

I mean really, It would have been nice to know the story had been updated. XP Oh well. Now, I'm going to go tell Liza I updated, because I'm nice like that.XDXDXD

So, comments are really loved! And I love all of the commenters. And even the silent readers.