Sweet, Home Alabama

Dora And Blue's Clues

"Alabama, wake up!" Abby yelled into my ear. I smiled and pretended to sleep. "You're smiling, not sleeping!" She yelled, a smile in her voice.

"Oh fine," I opened my eyes and turned to face her. "you caught me." I smiled at her. She grabbed my hand and pulled me from my bed.

"Mama said to come and wake you for breakfast. Then she said you need to run into town to check on how Ms. Hosley's surgery went and give her some flowers." Abby said as we walked into the kitchen.

"Do you want some help, mama?" I asked, walking towards the sink.

"No, it's alright." She smiled at me and continued on with her dishes.

"Mama," I said, annoyed. I reached for a dish when she slapped my hand.

"Alabama, you do to much in this world anyway. I think, as a mother, I can handle a sink full of dishes. Now sit down and share a meal with your sister." She nodded her head to the table.

"Yes ma'am." I gave her a kiss on the cheek before sitting next to Abby. "So Abby, do you want to help me pick out some flowers for Ms. Hosley?" I asked, swallowing my food.

"Sure! I know exactly what to get her! I gotta go change!" She jumped up from her seat and ran upstairs.

"Ab-"

"Wait for it." I said, cutting my mom off by holding up my hand. Two seconds later, she came running back into the kitchen. She swallowed her milk and ate her last piece of pancake before running back upstairs. "Okay." I looked at my mom. We both stared at each other before laughing at Abby's actions.

"You go calm down your sister. I'll clean up here." She gave me a kiss on my head with a small laugh. "No, I don't need any help." She said when I opened my mouth. I smiled and stood from my seat. I ran up the stairs and to my room.

"Hm...what should I wear today?" I asked to no one in particular. I grabbed a plain, black dress and a white see-through one along with my cowboy boots. I put on the black dress and threw he with one over it. I put on some short socks before pulling up my boots. I loved my boots. I wore them all the time and wore them with everything.

"Ready to go?!" Abby asked, running into my room. I ran a brush through my curls quickly, only to have them pop back into place, before nodding. She grabbed my hand and we skipped out the door. Dust swirled up as our pairs of cowboy boots hit the dirt road.

"So, what do you think Ms. Hosley would like?" I asked, walking toward the large field in the backyard.

"I think, " She started tugging my arm in the other direction. "she'd like some daisy's by that white van over there." She dragged me in the direction she was pointing at. I looked where we were going to see a white van with a large white box chained up so it was following it. Abby sighed loudly, annoyed from having to drag me, and walked to the van by herself.

"Abagail Ray!" I yelled, running after her. She continued ahead until she reached the side of the road. She walked along the side, examining each flower, only picking the ones she though were perfect.

"Ma'am," Someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned to see a rather tall man glaring at me. "I'm gonna ask you to step away from the van."

"Of course," I smiled. "but, why?"

"Jake, she doesn't look like she means any harm. She's okay." Another man said, walking up behind him.

"Whatever you say, Gerard." He mumbled before walking away.

"I'm sorry if I'm invading anything." I said when 'Gerard' began to walk away. He stopped and turned back to look at me.

"Nah, you're fine." He smiled. "I'm Gerard, by the way." He stuck his hand out.

"Alabama Johnson." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Talk about state appreciation." He smiled lightly when i laughed.

"I guess you could say that." She shrugged. "Are you new in town. 'Cause from the looks of it, you ain't from here." I said, looking over his outfit.

He smiled. "We're from New Jersey." He looked around. "And we're a little lost."

"Oh, well I know all about Birmingham. Where do ya need to go?" I asked, looking behind me to make sure Abby was okay.

"We're looking for the Napoleon Dome."

"Oh," I turned him around and stood next to him. "You see that barber shop right there?"

"The black one?"

"Yeah. Okay, you see that big white bubble behind it?"

"Wow, is that it?"

"Sure is. "I smiled.

"Thanks." He smiled at me. "Guys, I see it!" He yelled, walking away. Four guys looked his way. One of them averted his eyes from Gerard to me. I smiled and waved to him. He smiled widely before he turned to look at the girl beside him.

"Alabama, I've got some!" Abby yelled, running up behind me.

"Okay, we have someone to check on, now don't we?" I smiled at her.

"Yes ma'am." She smiled widely and took my hand again. "Come on, I know the way!" She yelled, dragging me in the direction of the hospital.

"Hey guys, this is Alabama." Gerard put a hand on my shoulder as we passed him, bringing me and Abby to a sudden stop.

"What kind of name is Alabama?" The blonde girl next to the one I previously waved at said.

"Well, my parents love th-"

"Whatever, I don't give a shit." She said, waving her hand in the air to stop me.

"Stacey, could you try to be nice to someone, other than Frank, for once in your lifetime? Or is that to much to ask?" Gerard glared at her.

"You know what,Gerard." She yelled, standing up and stepping towards him. I let go of Abby's hand and ran in between them.

"Hey, lets not get into any fights." I turned to Gerard. "It is in fact a free country." I smiled and turned to 'Stacey'. You shouldn't take what he says too personal, I'm sure he doesn't mean it."

She glared at me before turning around and sitting next to the man again. "Take your daughter and leave, whore." She crossed her arms.

"Sorry to be a nuisance." I took Abby's hand and walked away.

"Well, that girl was really mean." Abby said, glaring back at her.

"Abby, don't talk about people behind there backs. It's no-"

"Frank! Quit staring at her ass!" Stacey yelled loudly. I turned around to see 'Frank' smiling nervously at me. I smiled back and waved again. His smile went from nervous to happy and he waved back.

"Come on!" Abby yelled, dragging me down the dirt street.

"Okay,Okay I'm coming. Don't get your Dora underwear in a knot. "

She gasped and spun around. "For your information, I quit wearing Dora underwear last year. I wear Blue's Clues underwear now!"

"Oh my, you've matured so much." I rolled my eyes. Children...
♠ ♠ ♠
Listening To:When I come Around-Green Day

Mood:A Little Irritated

Notes:Well, first chapter. :P enjoi!
xoxo,
~betty