Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Eleven

"Lozzer! PHONE!"

Lauren groaned as her eyes slowly opened "Hello?" She croaked into the phone beside her bed.

"How is he?"

"You, Zach Baker, have a habit of ringing up at awkward times," She smiled "Last time I checked he's doing fine. Amnesia still in tact."

"They're treating his crash as suspicious," Zach blurted out.

The line went silent; him waiting for her reply, her to shocked to find words.

"Thats why we're unable to find out," Zach explained when he realized she wasnt going to answer "Our management wont let us out of their sight."

Understandable Lauren thought though her mouth still failed her as she stuttered "B-but...why?"

"No one knows who that Rosa chick was - and I mean no one," Zach explained "We dont know how or why Brian was in a car with her."

'Unless she'd promised him some sex!!' A voice called from Zach's end of the line.

He sighed "Just ignore him. That's our roadie; Matt Berry - we're all so worried about Brian and the situation. he's just trying to lift our spirits."

Lauren forced a smile - Brian wasnt like that...right?

She bit her lip as she realized she only knew the 'new' Brian. The one who couldnt remember what he was like with his old friends.

"So," Zach started, breaking the silence "Do you wanna give me your email?"

Lauren frowned "My email?"

He chuckled softly "So I can stop ringing at awkward times."

'Ooh Zacksters pulled!!' The same voice called; followed by - 'Ouch! Gena! I didnt mean it!'

Lauren laughed as she gave Zach her email.

"Thanks Lauren," he replied also laughing slightly "He's getting what he deserves. Tell Brian we're all worried and will make it there a.s.a.p."

"I will."

*

"They better had," Brian groaned once Lauren passed Zach's message on "I'm sick of not knowing who I really am."

"I know," Lauren answered, sitting down on the chair next to his bed "How're you feeling today?"

He shrugged "Usual. Leg hurts. Arm hurts. Head hurts."

"It'll get better," She said, squeezing his hand reassuringly.

"I'll hold you to that," He smirked.

*

"Has Brian watched the DVDs yet?"

Lauren sighed as she flopped down onto the sofa, flicking the T.V. on "Not yet but he said he wants to have a look tomorrow if you wanna."

"Yeh," Skye said as she sat next to her sister. "Should be good." She added with a hint of distraction in her voice.

"Are you okay?" Lauren frowned knowing that quietness and normality were never associated with Skylar Armstrong. When she replied with a shrug Lauren switched the T.V. off "C'mon, what is it?"

Skye bit her bottom lip "Someone rang me today - on my cell."

"Oh," Lauren frowned "Was it mom, asking how we are or-"

"It was a journalist," Skye interupted rushing her words. "They were asking me about Brian..."