Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Fourteen

The sound of shouting stirred both Lauren and Skylar from their deep sleeps.

"What's that?" Skye questionned jumping from her bed. As the apartement was only 2 bedroomed the sisters were forced into sharing.

"I'm not sure," Lauren replied, also getting out of bed and walking towards the door.

"What? You're just going to go out there?!" Skye gasped, grabbing old of the baseball bat which lay in the corner.

Lauren frowned "Since when do you keep one of those in your room?" She teased, Skye rolled her eyes "Anyway, I dont think it's a break in."

"You dont? But this is New Yo-"

"SKYE!" Lauren whisper exclaimed "Stay here okay? Leave this to me."

As Lauren tiptoed down the corridor Brian's room, the shouts and groans became louder and louder.

She slowly and quietly opened his door to see Brian was the source of the noise. He was still asleep, thrashing round the bed stuk in a nightmare.

"Brian?" She whispered as she walked closer to his bed "Brian!" She repeated louder as she lay a hand on his arm.

The thrashing stopped and his eyes snapped open - fear and panic flashing in them.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly, kneeling next to the bed.

He shook his head, rubbing his eyes with his right hand. His chest heaved as his breathing became wheezed.

Lauren rushed to the kitchen and collected a brown paper bag.

"Deep breaths into this okay?"

He nodded and placed the bag over his mouth.

"So, what happened?" She said, slowly and softly as Brian's panic attack calmed.

He took a deep breath "I dreamt about it, the crash I mean," He said shakily "There was a lorry...I saw her, dead in the seat next to me." His breathing hitched again and Lauren raised the paper bag back up towards his mouth,

"Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"

Relief filled his eyes as his breathing became normal once again "Yes please."