Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Seventeen

"His...girlfriend?" Lauren asked, not understanding why she was as bothered as she was.

Zach shrugged "On and off for, what seems like, forever," He explained "At the minute it's pointing to off - which is why Brian ran to New York and obviously started getting off with this Rosa chick."

"Oh," Was all Lauren could find to say.

"So, where is he?" Zach asked, playing with the sleeves of his hoodie nervously.

"In his bedroom," Lauren explained, gathering her feelings and becoming Nurse Armstrong once again as she called "SKYE! BRING BRIAN THROUGH!" Noting Zach's worried expression she smiled "Dont worry. He's still the same person. He's just in a wheelchair because of his broken leg."

As one of the doors over the other side of the apartement swung open Zach heard a familiar voice say "Ow! Fuck!"

"Sorry!" Skylar exclaimed "You know I'm crap at t his wheelchair shit! Plus, breakfast will be cold now - you with your stupid lace ups!"

"Brian?" Zach asked once Brian and Skylar reached where Zach and Lauren were sat at the kitchen table.

To say he was shocked would be an understatment. Brian's usual bright, happy face was grey and sunken. He sat slumped in a wheelchair, his frame skeletal. A nasty looking stitched gash lay across his forhead - casts encased his left leg and arm.

"Y-you must be Zach," Brian said, his voice shaky as he extended his right hand for Zach to shake.

His voice even sounded different. No longer was it lined with sarcasm but nerves.

"How are you mate?" Zach asked, fully aware of Lauren and Skylar watching them intensly.

Brian shrugged "Could be better."

"Listen," Zach started leaning across the table towards his best friend "If you have any ques-"

"I want you to tell me everything," Brian cut in.

"Everything?"

He nodded "Starting with; why was I in New York in the first place?"

Zach bit his lip "You and your, now off, girlfriend, Michelle had a really big bust up."

Brian's eyes flickered towards Lauren "So," He said, looking back to Zach "I do have a girlfriend."