Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Two

Lauren awoke the next morning, head punding from lack of sleep.

The alarm clock next to her bed read 7:30 and although she wasn't due to start her shift until midday she dragged her weary, aching body from the luxury of a lie in.

She began to wake up more and more as the water from the shower cascaded down her body. As she massaged shampoo into her dark hair she felt her headache melt away.

*

She arrived at the hospital at nine thirty.

"How's Mr. Haner?" She asked Carla once she reached the nurses station.

"He's...Lauren?" She replied in surprise "What're you doing her hun? You aren't due for another..." She paused as she checked the rota "...2 and a half hours."

Lauren nodded "I've just come in to catch up on some paperwork," the lie seeped from her lips too easily. "So, how's Mr. Haner?"

A look of sympathy flashed across her boss' features, she knew full well what had happened last time. "Same as yesterday," She explained "Still no leads on where he's from either...well; apart from."

"From what?"

She reached into one of the many drawers behind the station and retrieved a piece of worn, plain white paper and a purse. "These. The purse has both their I.D.'s in."

Lauren unfolded the mysterious white rectangle to reveal note.

Gates!

Rehersal...1pm okay? Don't forget Syn!

Zacky said you can lend his amp if needed. That one hopefully won't blow up as soon as you plug yourbaby guitar in.

Last one before you go away dude, so don't be late Brian Haner!

Shadz
.

Her features softened, he played the guitar, he had people who cared for him back home. He even had a nickname - something Lauren had never had off friends...she never let anyone get close enough.

if only she knew who the 'Zacky' and 'Shadz' people were...

"Lauren?" Carla asked, bringing her train of thought to a complete stand still. "Look after this guy," She started, her voice soft as she had obviously noticed the soppy look adorning Lauren's face. "But don't get too involved. Remember what happened last t-"

"Yeh," Lauren cut in, with the fear of having to relive the memory "I'd better go and sort through this paperwork anyways," She added, forcing a smile as she quickly and discretly slipped the note into her pocket.

*

A surge of relief ran through her veins as she walked into the staff room.

Not only was the computer free but there was no one taking up space in the whole room.

As the computer started up Lauren pulled her A4 'Pukka Pad' out of her bag and flipped it to one of the center pages.

A small line of her untidy scrawl was noticeable at the top of the, otherwise, fresh page.

Brian Haner. 27. RTA was all it read. Grabbing the biro that lay on the computer she added a few new things.

Zacky? Shadz? Guitar player on hol with gf - Rosa Clarke.

Once the computer was fully up and running she clicked on the 'Internet Explorer' icon and typed www.google.co.uk into the address bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

I wanna know whether to keep or delete this story.

Sam x