Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Twenty Two

Before Lauren could say anything Zach had swung the door open.

"Benny!" He exclaimed, lunging forward and pulling the girl with the long, deep red hair into a hug.

"Come in," Lauren smiled politely, she'd never spoken to any of the three before so she was feeling very different to her union with Zach.

Once they were all stood, awkwardly, in the living room Zach started the introductions. "Lauren; this is Matt - also known as M Shadows and lead singer of our band," Mayy bent over and shook Lauren's hand "Val Sanders - Matt's wife and our life long friend. I call her Benny cause of her old last name 'DiBenedetto," Val smiled in Lauren's direction but didnt attempt to make any contact with her like her husband had. "And Michelle - Benny's twin sister. Guys; this is the best nurse in the entire world - Lauren Armstrong."

Lauren blushed at his kind comment; not noticing that Michelle hadnt even looked at her yet.

"Were's Brian then?" She asked.

Just as the final letter left her mouth Brian's bedroom door opened and Skylar pushed Brian out.

"Oh! And this is Skylar - Lauren's sister and my new best friend!" Zach exclaimed recieving a grin off of Skye.

"B-Brian?" Matt asked; the two girls looking too shocked for words. Even though Brian looked a bit healthier to when Zach arrived the lack of sleep was evident on his pale face, his usual bright eyes taken over by dark circles, the cut on his forehead still looking nasty. He looked so small and fragile in the chair due to his weight and muscle loss.

"Zach?" Brian asked, looking slightly taken back by the three new people being thrust in his face "Can you introduce me?"

Noting the confused look on his friend's faces Zach explained "He just has trouble remembering a few things. You've just gotta be patient."

Val nodded, biting her bottom lip as she teared up.

"Anyway," Zach continued "Brian, this is Matt Sanders - or M Shadows - Val Sanders and Michelle DiBenedetto."

"Ah," Brian answered forcing a smile "I'm sure we've already met so, nice to see you again," He added. Noticing Val's tear filled eyes he frowned "I'm sorry if I upset you."

Val forced a smile "It's not your fault," She sniffed "I'm just not used to seeing you like this."

"Not many people are," Brian frowned "Like Skylar here," He added, a little brighter and with more teasing in his voice "She was immensly dissapointed with me and wouldnt stop complaining."

Skye's jaw dropped and she slapped him gently on the right shoulder (knowing that was his one that had been dislocated in the crash and not wanting to hurt him) "Now tell her the turth Haner!"

"Okay okay!" He smiled "They've both been so good to me. Skye's been amazing but Lauren's been exceptional I dont know what I'd have done without her."

Lauren smiled warmly and lovingly; not noticing the unimpressed look on Michelle's face.