Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Thirty Nine

"Are you sure this is it?" Zack asked Skye as they clambered out of the car.

The building they had pulled up at looked as though it was falling apart in front of their very eyes. It's windows now just consisted of cardboard and there was more holes than roof.

Skye nodded breathing shakily. Zach noticed her trembling from head to toe so reached out and laced his fingers with hers.

"When're the police getting here?!" Brian exclaimed in annoyance, just eager to know Lauren was okay.

"We should just go in ourselves," Matt shrugged, he couldn't stand the thought of the sweet nurse stuck in a building, alone, with a creep.

Brian looked up quickly "Really? We could do that?"

"If everyone else was up for it," Matt replied. "Apart from the girls, there's no way I'm putting you in danger."

As Val, Lacey and Leana protested Johnny and Jimmy made it known that they were up for it.

Zach glanced down to Skye, he already knew he was going in there to help Lauren but seeing Skye's beautiful face tear stained made him more determined. "I'm definatley in."

As Brian paced and Val, Lacey and Leana lectured their boyfriends about safety Skye turned to Zach.

"Please be careful," She whispered, squeezing his hand "I don't know what I'd do without you."

He lifted his other hand and cupped the side of her face "You don't even need to think like that I'm not going anywhere okay?"

She smiled slightly "You guys are amazing, you know that?"

Zach smiled back, leaning down slightly and pressing his lips against hers.

"Hey," Brian called to Zach once they had left the girls and were getting closer and closer to the warehouse door.

Each of them were carrying the baseball bats they had found in Zach and Jimmy's cars. Brian using his as a walking stick.

"Yeh dude?" Zach replied, looking over to his best friend.

"I saw you and Skye," He explained, a twinkle of happiness in his eyes. "Just, make sure you look after her."

Zach sent him a small smile "I like her Brian; alot. I'm gunna be there for her for the rest of my life."