Status: Completed

Amnesia

Part Forty

Please stay away Brian Lauren thought as more and more time passed after the phone call.

She wouldn't be able to handle him being hurt any more.

Her head snapped up from where she'd been resting it on her chest as a loud bang echoed throughout the warehouse.

Brian

Tears ran down her face with worry as 'He' jumped to his feet.

"Fun Time!" He said in excitement.

*

"Its GOT to be here," Matt said once they reached a door entitled 'office'. They'd been wandering unsuccessfully for the past 15 minutes.

"I hope so," Brian wheezed as he leaned on Johnny's shoulder for support. The colour had drained from his face.

"Do you think you should go back dude? You really don't look well," Zach said with unease.

"No!" Brian protested, standing up straight and trying to look perkier.

"Okay, lets go," Jimmy said, slowly leaning forward and pushing the door open.

"Lauren!" Brian exclaimed as the first thing he saw was her sat, tied to the chair.

Forgetting about his recovering broken limbs and how much pain he was in he dropped his bat to the floor and started running towards her.

"I don't think so, do you?" A voice Brian immediately recognized said as a man wearing a balaclava stepped into his path.

Matt, Jimmy, Zach and Johnny closed up around Brian.

The Man reached up and pulled the balaclava off. "Remember me Brian?" He sneered.

Anger surged through Brian's body as he whispered "Mike," through gritted teeth "What the fuck are you doing??"

"Well, its a funny story actually," He laughed, pulling his gun out of his pocket, examining it, almost showing off in front of the five guys before him.

"When you left to come to New York Michelle wouldn't come anywhere near me - insisting it was just a one time thing," He started to explain. "All she wanted was you. I lose all my loved ones and you get anyone you want! I was determined to get my revenge."

"So you try to kill me?!" Brian exclaimed, almost unable to believe what he was hearing "It's not my fault your daughter died, your wife left you..."

"That's where my dear sweet Rosa came in. She was a suicide addict - she never wanted to die; just loved the attention around it. She wasn't even meant to try and kill you - just break your heart like mine was over and over again," He paused and sighed "But the stupid bitch drew you into her attention seeking shit."

As Lauren sobbed through fear behind Mike Brian itched to use one of the baseball bats.

"I was actually hoping you'd meet up with this beautiful lady," Mike added, as he stroked Lauren's hair, Brian's fists clenched with anger.

"W-why me?" Lauren asked, her voice small and frightened.

"Because, me and you have something in common my sweet...that daughter Brian mentioned - her name was Daisie."

Lauren broke down once again, her sobs echoing throughout the warehouse.

Brian took this as his chance to act. With Zach close on his heels he surged forward.

As he went to grab Lauren Zach went for Mike - punching him in the face as a distraction.

"Baby, go to Johnny okay? He'll look after you," Brian said untying her as the three other guys also surged forward.

"I..." her eyes rolled back in her head as she passed out due to weakness of lack of food, her knees buckling beneath her.

As Brian tried to wake Lauren up a gunshot rang out.

He looked up to see Zach crumple to the floor...
♠ ♠ ♠
Two moooore!